Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)

B16B pistons in a B18C7

Was thinking of putting b16b pistons in my Teg type r with stock internals, at the same time increasing the compression. Is it a more viable option then changing the cams?

no. do not do this - it is a waste of time... if you are going to crack open your rocker cover then do it properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Have seen one conversion in singapore as above, that is pushing about 140 kws at the wheels....... with b16b pistons only, modified stock exhaust box, mugen headers, mugen computer, no cat and thats it....... was pretty impressed by it mate......

up to you... everyone does their own thing... if you running 140kw at the wheels i'd like to see the dyno it was tested on cos that seems a bit ridiculous...

b16b pistons ain't gonna do that much - i stand by that.
    Last edited by type one; 09-09-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    I do understand where you are coming from but i was just so impressed by the dc2r that i saw.... so was wondering whether it would be a worthwhile job?

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    i personally think his done more then just pistons to get 140kw at the treds, but if he can prove it, damn im gonna get myself those pistons

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    He is a good friend of my dad's and he is pretty famous in singapore for vtecs, races them in malaysia. I did not believe him at first, but through talking to others, they say that it is true....... how true i don't know but i have sat in it and trust me it is pretty quick.... so I wanted to ask if anyone in australia has done this before...or has seen it before.

i will let you sit in my car and it is "pretty quick" as well... and i have stock internals.

sounds like your pretty convinced.. how bout you get a set of b16b pistons which z10 can source for you and let us know how you go?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    don't know might try that type one.... anyway are there any good tuners around? What have you done to your car? Sounds interesting to check out your car with "stock internals"..... just have a feeling that you might be pulling me on this one. Cheers

CTR pistons will raise compression to about 12.0:1. Pistons on its own won't do much, but the pistons with more aggressive cams will make it more worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by monstaR
    don't know might try that type one.... anyway are there any good tuners around? What have you done to your car? Sounds interesting to check out your car with "stock internals"..... just have a feeling that you might be pulling me on this one. Cheers
    nah man... my point is what one person considers "fast" is different fomr someone else's idea of fast...

im not pulling your leg... i think my car is pretty quick... but i am running stock internals...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Hey type one, you located in melbourne? Going for the melb auto salon? Should organise like a group thingy for it......