Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intake for Jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16

Intake for Jazz

I am still thinking of Spoon/Mugen replacement filter or pod style like Apexi.
    what do u guys think?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz
    I guess it depends on what your looking for...
    IMO... pod gives that nice "roar" sound but can be a pain if the police want to tell you off for having one...
    and Panel replacment filter will be much quieter and more discreet and you can make a CAI to work very well

What are you looking for??
    1- sound and minimum performance (unless you fit CAI)
    or
    2- performance and stealth look?

Me...i would go with Pod and the loud roar

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    hm.... that's a good point. So i may just get replacement filter then since my new set of HID is always get too much attention.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    how about power wise?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz
    hehe yeah a panel filter would prob be better cause if the police look under your bonnet...it would look stock.
    It depends on how the filter and box is set up as i havent actually looked at it but here are some.....
    In regards to power.... a panel filter with CAI is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to make power. The CAI hose will force cold air into the box and thru the filter. The air box also will help to dissipate the hot air. This is the cheapest and most effective way atleast.
    A more expensive but much better way is to have a custom intake pipe made from the throttlebody with a pod filter attached near the bottom of the bumper(behind the mesh etc..atleast somewhere where it forces air into)
    As i havent looked at the engine bay of a jazz upclose i dont know exactly how much room there is for this mod...but any decent workshop should be able to make and fit a system like this
    The prob with fitting just a pod (that is no CAI or custom intake etc) is that the air it sucks is hot air from the engine bay and hot air intake really isnt a effective way to get power.
    Last edited by Lil_VTEC; 11-09-2004 at 08:13 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    IMO i dont think by sticking a spoon filter in will do much as teh airbox is closed up and very restrictive.

If you want better performance get a pod.

Pete
    Last edited by petrovski; 16-09-2004 at 03:33 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz
    How restrictive is the air box?? As i havent looked

Is it not like most 4 cyl airbox's??

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    IMO very!

the stock pipe that goes behind the light (the one that sticks out the side of the stock airbox) isnt near the stock pipe that runs up the air from the vents.

the actual box itself is made up of 3 boxes with a pipe that runs through from the right to the left to the middle (if you turn it upside down you'll understand).

Pete
    Last edited by petrovski; 16-09-2004 at 03:33 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz
    3 boxes hey??
    Sounds really wierd...altho i did read in the latest Honda Tuning mag that the 5zigen has a custom 3 chamber intake which made me think " crazy jap tuners " hehe

So getting a custom pipe and pod could be made for the system??
    If it was a straight through system it would have to allow ALOT more air in surely?? I only ask as this will be one of my first mods as i have the utilities to make my own from mandrel bent piping etc.
    I presume you would need a apexi s-afc or similar to control the extra airflow??

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    yeah vafc2

Do you own an exhaust shop? anyway seeing as you have the utilities if you get it done can you get me a quote on a stainless steel s pipe?

Pete

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz
    Nahh i dont own one.
    There are shops here that sell mandrel bent pieces and straight pieces in both stainless and mild. My friend who owns a tuning shop (being built) has the equipment for fabrication so being able to make one will be easy

A friend of mine had one built for his 2000 type r integra that cost $480 in polished 3" mandrel bent fitted with a k & n filter from one of the shops here.... which imo is quiet expensive. So yeah DIY is the way for me

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit

heres the power chamber zero-1000

Apexi intake

Pete