Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euro recall

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Euro recall

Looks like a fairly minor issue but a recall nonetheless....

------------------------------------------------------
    Honda Accord Euro (Campaign #5KA)
    Date: 06/09/2004

Supplier: Honda Australia Pty Ltd

Category: Motor Vehicles

Product Info: Honda Accord Euro (Campaign #5KA). 2003 YM Accord Euro (MT), 2003 YM Accord Euro Luxury (MT), 2003 YM Accord Euro (AT), 2003 YM Accord Euro Luxury (AT), 2004 YM Accord euro (MT), 2004 YM accord Euro Luxury (MT),2004 YM Accord Euro (AT), 2004 YM Accord Euro Luxury (AT).

Defect details: A possible defect exists due to the possibility that the trunk harness may become damaged, causing an open circuit and either resulting in the loss of the license plate lamp, reversing lamps or tail lamp operation.

Consumer action: Contact your authorised Honda Dealer.

Make: Honda

Model: Accord Euro

Target Number: 11,379

Model Years From: 2003-2004

Consequences: A defect exists due to the possibility that the trunk harness may become damaged, causing an open circuit and either resulting in the loss of the license plate lamp, reversing lamps or tail lamp operation.

Campaign Number: #5KA

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    there was also one for the tsx regaurding water in front lights, not sure if it affects oz delivered Euros tho? Time will tell
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Not my problem!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey all.

Im Deano from NSW.

I just purchased my black euro luxury about a month ago and its great. Having a few problems with the interior. The drivers side tint was pierced on the night of picking up the car.

The next day the cup holder jammed up. The next day there was a creaking noise from the front passenger side a pillar. Then the next week the cd player sh*t itself. My dealership offered to fix it all up but then the creaking noise and cup holder jammed up again when then fixed it and returned the car. Another dealer reckons its the glue used 2 affix the windscreen having bubbles in it. They think that Honda *may* do a recall. Mind you the dealer I bought it off thought it had something to do with the airbag cover and shoved foam inside it. Idiots.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Trash 04
    I bought my Euro from Scotts as well.

I'll be needing to take it in for its 1000km service soon.

And will also have to sus out this crap now too!

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    My car was sent over from Larke Hoskins, although Eastwood Honda and Scotts Honda is closer to me, particularly Scott's honda since it's down near where i work, i doubt it'd be taking it there, I don't really like Scott's that much and their egotistical attitude.

I've already done my 1000km service, and half way to my 10,000km service. So far no problems from the car, it's been great. I guess i'll take mine in to fix the problem when it gets to the next service. Off to Larskin's though, better service imo. More trusting too.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I SECOND THAT!

THEY ARE F**KED.

I demanded a courtesy car and for them to pick up the car as I wasnt going to take time off work to deliver it. After I chucked up a big stink, they organised a colleague from their dealership who lives near my work 2 pick it up but they wanted to charge me $35 a day for the courtesy car. I told them to f**k themselves. The Service Manager also had the nerve to say that "... when u purchased your car form us, we werent heavily discounting accord euros" as if to insinuate becuase i got it cheaper that i am entitled to a s**t service. I have writted a 2 page complaint letter to the general manager and owner of scotts as well as honda head office.

im never going back there again. they just dont give a hoot.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I'll see how long before they send me a letter informing me of this....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    Where was this recall information taken from? I spoke to my local dealership and they are not aware of any recalls for the euros. He asked me fax the details for him to chase it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by kanthan
    Where was this recall information taken from? I spoke to my local dealership and they are not aware of any recalls for the euros. He asked me fax the details for him to chase it up.
    The information came from the Federal Government

http://www.recalls.gov.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    i just spoke to the dealership. The have confirmed they do not have any knowledge of any current recalls on the euros. Therefore do not know how to fix it or what parts are required to fix it. He thinks they might be a situation where Honda is obliged to advise the government if it is thinking about doing a recall. The actual recall might be sometime away til they find a solution to the problem and make sure all service deptments can handle the issue.

Has anyone successfully resolved the issue with the Honda dealership?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by kanthan
    i just spoke to the dealership. The have confirmed they do not have any knowledge of any current recalls on the euros. Therefore do not know how to fix it or what parts are required to fix it. He thinks they might be a situation where Honda is obliged to advise the government if it is thinking about doing a recall. The actual recall might be sometime away til they find a solution to the problem and make sure all service deptments can handle the issue.

Has anyone successfully resolved the issue with the Honda dealership?
    I called my dealer as well - Gary Warren Smith in Oakleigh. They have received no instructions from Honda regarding a fix - but have heard "on the grapevine" of a government recall.

Just wait for a letter from Honda. This post is a "heads up" as to what is inevitably coming.
    Last edited by yfin; 14-09-2004 at 05:17 PM.