Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg

headers / exhaust - best value for $$

Hey guys..

I know the topic of Headers / exhaust has been covered more times than i can count, and i bet half of you guys are looking at this post just to reply with "do a search"...

but what i was wondering is, what do you feel is the best value for money setup out there?.. i dont want the cheapest, nor the most expensive, i would like to find out what will give the best bang for my buck.

the note of the exhaust doesnt matter too much, just as long as it doesnt sound like asshole or is excessively loud..

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Hey I think a mugen replica 4-1 extractor and spoon n1 will be the most worth it.........

X-Force extractors aren't too bad. There's one for sale on EBay. In regards to exhaust, just get it custom made from exhaust shop if you are tight on money, it's just a pipe (that's how I look at it). As long as the material is good, and flows well, that's all you really need.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 Integra VTi-R
    TODA headers, Spoon B-pipe and Spoon N1!

Great stuff and not to $$ IMO!

Mark

yeah that. the best mainstream bolt on combo around

or j's racing header and amuse titanium exhaust... i love all of the jap tuners

wat yspool said... best combo... but gonna cost u a bomb...
    http://www.kingtan.com.au

wakefield park
    Old Surface: 1:12.9

i had spoon b pipe and spoon n1... its loud. i took off n1 partly for this reason. i have a sound clip somewhere... see if i can find it.

sorry can't upload mpg file
    Last edited by type one; 22-09-2004 at 04:41 PM.

Xforce 4-1 header
    Xforce Exhaust 2 1/4 piping installed

450 for headers
    600 for exhaust

not bad

The TODA headers are not 'better' than the Spoon headers... If you were to purchase a B pipe and N1 muffler, it would be easier to just get the header as well.

I have seen extensive testing from both, and the Spoon header produces more overall power. The TODA header produces slighly (~2hp) more horsepower at the very top rpm. This is based on a DC2 Integra type R. Both offered SUBSTANTIAL gains over standard. The TODA header also had the best ground clearance.

I also have information on the N1 exhaust that you may be interested in. From memory, the N1 emitted 124db (!!) on drive by sound testing, compared to 96db for the stock twin muffler system. This was tested on an S2000. Most other aftermarket exhuast systems in the test recorder around 103db.

With the silencer in place, noise was reduced to 116db.

A spoon header, B pipe and N1 muffler will cost around $2,500 from japan, pre shipping and taxes.

Probably not the best bang for buck, but the N1 muffler is cheaper than the 'street type' muffler.

i thought re ground clearance it was the other way around and the spoon has better clearance?

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    I got the N1 off type one, lovin my spoon