Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

coilovers for a dc2

hey guys.... as some of u know i just got my car.... so i've been driving around for about a week or so now... just the left rear passenger side coilover seems to be bottoming out alot and scraping alot more then when i 1st got it....

was wondering worst case senario that it needs to be rebuilt.. would it be worth fixing it or look at other coilovers for the car???

and wat brands are there for dc2 tegs ... i want it to be low... as my car is low now.. dont want to get new coilovers and be sitting 4wd... :P

Will

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Do they have to be coilovers? Is there a particular reason? How about a properly matched damper/spring package?
    Wat application are you needing this suspension for?
    There are plenty of coilover/packages out there, just do a little reading. What have you got atm? Getting a imported brand rebuilt might prove to be a costly venture.

On a side note, I have a Tein adjustable height/damper package that might be coming off my Integra if there is sufficient interest.

fair enough.... the car is going to get checked out to see if the coilover is screwed... only reason i want coilovers is i like the ride and hard damper settings.... and i can just wind the things up when i get defected... as i would have it low as possible...

i'll see wat happens after it gets checked out...

Will

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Check if the coilover have leakage, and check the height setting of both Front shock, if they are in the same height setting but one of the side have +-10mm difference than the other one, you may need to get a new coilover, don't think of rebuilt if you have JDM coilovers, it costs you alot and if you don't go on track much, coilover is a waste and it's hurting the car chassis

Anyway, what's the spring rate of your car and what's the height settings? I could give you some factory ref data if you need it

and when u say ur getting it checked please dont go to pedders

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    wat's wrong with pedders? they're NO BULL!

LOL.......... nuh it's ok i aint going to pedders..... i'm going to take the car to get checked out this w/end to have a look to see if the coilover is gone or if it's fixable... but will keep updated....

Will

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Best thing to do is but ITR Rear Control Arms.. and then get a Jap set of Coilovers like TEIN or similar.. for DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by JSL
    Best thing to do is but ITR Rear Control Arms.. and then get a Jap set of Coilovers like TEIN or similar.. for DC2R
    Like mine...
    Quality...you won't be disappointed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    You don't need to change the rear control arm for DC2R right? I though it's the "bushes" style instead of the vti-r "Fork" style anyway

and i personally don't like Tein that much, unless you have RA or RE, but please change the spring as well cos Tein springs are heavy as hell, I like Swift Springs but a bit pricey

You may also consider D2 RR-pro(forgot the name), and Zeal B6

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    You don't need to change the rear control arm for DC2R right? I though it's the "bushes" style instead of the vti-r "Fork" style anyway

and i personally don't like Tein that much, unless you have RA or RE, but please change the spring as well cos Tein springs are heavy as hell, I like Swift Springs but a bit pricey

You may also consider D2 RR-pro(forgot the name), and Zeal B6

lol...ok...

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM Integra TypeR 97 Spec
    hipermax hks.,.. or splurge on a set of ohlins.... if you have the $$$ the possiblilities are endless