Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Peeps...an ALLMTR question here -

Relative to my next car...(not necessarily a vtec motor:P) i am looking a quad throttle body injection ( plus cams and all the usual) BUT i am after a cheaper alternative for the ITB's -

I have looked at NEW ( custom made) - which seems far too expensive ( $1500 ++) so maybe can i use another 4 throttle setup and just port it to match my engines inlets ? Plus a custom mount etc? I have looked at a 4AGE from SSS , various big bore motorbike ones etc - but am alittle unsure which one would yield the best results.

Any guidence?

Cheers , Ben 8)

Yeah, I will be doing the same soon. I have a set of 20v throttle bodies waiting
    i need vtak!!

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    ask z10 for a 4age 20v Quads from JDM ae101.
    45mm diameter is enough for 1.6 twin cam

get custom adapter , stand alone ecu , cams , adj cam gear and that will run ok ..
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Does the word "overkill" mean anything? :roll:

ALLMTR used an ITR inlet. I figure that's good for 200+ bhp (ITR rated).

Just how much power are you planning on making anyway?
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

hmm...

aiming for 3 million hp at the left wheel

TBH im after something dirrefernt apart from "just another hybrid"...after studying alittle, and seeing in action in Japan - it seems like an interesting route to take. Besides , how much more power CAN u squeeze out of a D16a8 ? 8)

Ben

It's more to do with what you want to use the car for...

ITB's give unrivaled transiant response. Good for drift or rally. For drag or street I'd recommend staying ITR intake manifold (which I just happen to have for sale

You'd make similar power with a single plenum manifold. I could make you an intake manifold, if your interested.....

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR
    It's more to do with what you want to use the car for...

ITB's give unrivaled transiant response. Good for drift or rally. For drag or street I'd recommend staying ITR intake manifold (which I just happen to have for sale

You'd make similar power with a single plenum manifold. I could make you an intake manifold, if your interested.....
    HEhehe , Chuck you a legend bro

But really mate , the car will be kinda of a ZC/d16 old school build up with bolt on parts - i dont really want to go the usual route of hybrid , As i kinda keen of old school power - IE dual DOCE weber carbies etc ! Anyway , Im still researching , IF i do go the b series route Im quite sure ill come to u for help.

Best of luck with the new K20 (if that is wat u are using )

Ben

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    ZCs never ran dual DCOEs, only the SOHC EW engines, courtesy of Jackson Racing or AT Engineering in the US.

Stick with the existing setup and then find out what Ted Wrigg ran on his '88 ED Civic - it was partially a Mugen engine built by Gary Cook that was putting out 200bhp until Ted cooked it on the track.

Ted owns Concorde Wrecking - or he did in the '90s
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    ZCs never ran dual DCOEs, only the SOHC EW engines, courtesy of Jackson Racing or AT Engineering in the US.

Stick with the existing setup and then find out what Ted Wrigg ran on his '88 ED Civic - it was partially a Mugen engine built by Gary Cook that was putting out 200bhp until Ted cooked it on the track.

Ted owns Concorde Wrecking - or he did in the '90s
    And that is true too - I am researching using a 88 teg DCOE twin setup - plus alittle bit of custom this and that , and a teg distributor as well - internals etc shouldnt so much be a worry , but the boys on www.thezcr.com are helping greatly.

Ive seen a couple of ZC's in indo and japan running custom twin webers ( or equilivent) and did run some very good numbers around the track and down the 1/4 - MY only hassle is finding a man in Sydney to tune it so to speak - but im sure any of the performance carby guys will do a good job. Ill keep yall up 2 date ! Cheers, Ben

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Thanks for the find Weq - very nice looking !

But for $2,000 ( NOT including anything extra needed - ALOT!) it would want to be !

I am investigating essentially converting a EFI engine ( D16a8) into Carby injection - thus disabling the need for almost any electrical hardware , ECU , sensors etc. Including the dual DCOE's , plus bits and pieces , I am only looking at towards $1000. Compared to a similar EFI ITB effort at more than $2000+

Ofcourse, ontop is good cams , cam gears etc...

Ben

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Why would you want to convert from EFI to Carby Ben? IMHO I think you will be taking a step backwards by doing that.

IF you are serious about this and don't want to pay the huge $$ for ITB, maybe you should have Chuck make you up a custom intake plenum and runners.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq