Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerlo View Post
    Anyone used Bostik Seal n Flex for their mounts, I just filled my mounts with that before i found this thread.....
    Its polyurethane as well, have a friend used it with no problems...
    Well, why don't you tell us what you think of it........

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    Well, why don't you tell us what you think of it........
    Because Ive never tried sikaflex....so I cant compare.... friends car do feel much better with dash vibration on idle and low revs

Because Ive never tried sikaflex....so I cant compare.... friends car do feel much better with dash vibration on idle and low revs
    you said you used the bostik stuff, what do you think of that?

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    pretty much all the same stuff isn't it?
    guys in the US use 3m's window weld stuff
    i've used sikaflex 252 and i reckon that stuff is softer than the energy suspension inserts and generally all other solid mounts i've felt

I couldnt find the bostik stuff in bunnings the other day,
    so I bought sikaflex 252s instead. I must say sikaflex dries much faster and seems harder than the bostik ones. The bostik one was a little runnier making it easier to fill the mounts with though...

Another thing i learnt after doing the second mount. Because these things are so sticky and not runny at all, its very difficult to fill it 100% without any air pockets inside. After letting it dry for about 4 hours, the outside surface will be dry to the touch. Now I could use my fingers to compress the filling without getting my hands all gooey. once compacted, u can fill it up again if u wish. Doing a little at the time greatly increases drying time. My first mount i did it in one go and is still wet on the inside after 3 days....sigh...
    Last edited by Lerlo; 02-07-2009 at 03:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    bostick is a different brand, its only silicon, stikaflex is designed for specific applications & its longer lasting
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    bostick is a different brand, its only silicon, stikaflex is designed for specific applications & its longer lasting
    No bostik seal n flex is polyurethane

I couldnt find the bostik stuff in bunnings the other day,
    so I bought sikaflex 252s instead. I must say sikaflex dries much faster and seems harder than the bostik ones. The bostik one was a little runnier making it easier to fill the mounts with though...

Another thing i learnt after doing the second mount. Because these things are so sticky and not runny at all, its very difficult to fill it 100% without any air pockets inside. After letting it dry for about 4 hours, the outside surface will be dry to the touch. Now I could use my fingers to compress the filling without getting my hands all gooey. once compacted, u can fill it up again if u wish. Doing a little at the time greatly increases drying time. My first mount i did it in one go and is still wet on the inside after 3 days....sigh...
    thats excellent information, after more of this .....

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Guys I'm off to buy some sikaflex 252

Anyone know how much each mount needs?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Guys I'm off to buy some sikaflex 252

Anyone know how much each mount needs?
    One tube it more than enuff mate. I used half only...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    One tube it more than enuff mate. I used half only...
    Each or one?

I've got three to do
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    thats excellent information, after more of this .....
    Just to add, its soo much easier to use your fingers to spread the stuff, so go to the pharmacy and grab some disposable surgical gloves, makes it much simpler..