Integra Si issues

hey guys, thinking of buying an Integra Si.
    Car has a few mods, i wont be specific. Things like I/H/E, clutch, gearbox, flywheel, sussy all done. It also has a few issues:

- car wouldnt start, after checking oil it started
    - car started but died after few seconds

once the car did start:

- revs were jumping between 1-2k while idling. after it warmed up it was fine.
    - the engine was quite loud at idle as opposed to a vti-r with similar mods.

Took it for a drive:

- the engine makes a ticking/clicking sound when the revs drops back to idle. Also when turning slowly it made a rubbing sound, i think it may be the tyres rubbing against the guards since it is lowered but not sure.

What are you thoughts on the source of the problems? and general idea how much it would cost to fix it up?
    the owner doesn't know whats going on as he bought it as is and i don't know much also.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by dvsx; 20-06-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvsx View Post
    Also when turning slowly it made a rubbing sound, i think it may be the tyres rubbing against the guards since it is lowered but not sure.
    To be specific, it's a GSi, not just Si.

watch out for that rubbing. Ten years ago I owned an Integra SX16 (early 1989 build, last of the first gens) that made rubbing sounds turning at full lock to the right. Thought nothing of it. Then one day, at a roundabout I braked, but the brake pedal went straight to the floor and the car didn't stop!

I managed to pull off safely and stopped the car with the handbrake. Towed it to the shop, First suspect was a blown master cylinder, but it wasn't. Me and the mechanic went all over and finally found the fault: the brake hose where it was mounted on the front shock absorber was rubbing on the tyre and had rubbed straight through the hose. Brake fluid has blasted all over the back of the front wheel from the leak. The car had it's shocks replaced before I bought it, and the suspension guy did a crap job on the assembly, totally stuffing up the brake hose guide at the shock, mounting it all wrong and putting the hose too near the tyre.

thanks for the heads up. when i said Si i meant Si (jdm equivalent to audm vti-r)

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    car dying after it just started.. or won't start.. is most likely due to the fuel relay:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31796
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

anyone have any idea how much these problems would cost to fix up?
    since the problem could be a number of things, or one. how much would it cost to fix/replace all the parts required?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2 VTiR
    Avoid the problem altogether and spend the extra to get a better condition teg.
    I have a '94 DC2 SI - had the same problem. serviced it completely - New belts, fuel filter, walbro 255L/h fuel pump, TPS sensor etc etc.. never had a problem since.

Issue is fuel related - when you switch it to ignition again - you should be able to hear the fuel pump prime (a whirring noise) if you don't hear it, they car probably will not start for a while.
    I think at one time restarting my ECU fixed it.. Cant remember.

Check the relay (behind the glovebox) sometimes all you need to do is resolder it - or replace if needed. If this does not fix it i suggest to look at your fuel pump (under rear seats)

Hope that fixes your issue - but honestly spend the extra money for a decent car - you never know what else could be wrong.

feel free to +1 PQ me =P

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2 VTiR
    ** as far as costs are involved with that particular issue,

- Re solder fuel relay (nothing provided you have solder and a soldering Iron)
    - New relay $20 from memory second hand, $50 new from ebay (ONLY GO OEM)
    - Fuel Pump (Walbro 255L/h) cost me $170 - Labor Extra. (ONLY BUY REPUTABLE FUEL PUMPS (Walbro / Bosche Etc) - Look out for fakes too)