Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking at buying an integra or prelude

Ok so the Mrs needs a new car. She basically wants something that looks good/sporty and has a little bit of go. She is upgrading from a 1.3L 94' Auto Barina so anything will be a stepup as far as performance goes.

She likes the look of the preludes and integras. Has around $7.5k to spend give or take a little. I'm definately no rookie when it comes to cars but I have never dealt with much Honda stuff. Can anyone give me a comparo on the integras and preludes? They both seem to suit the same sort of market so im confused as why honda sold them simultaneously. Am I right in saying the larger engine of the prelude makes it more powerful whilst the integra is more nimble?

Any other recommendations for cars from any make or model she should look at?

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    eg5 vti on coilovers and nice rota wheels and your done
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

I have no idea what you just suggested. I doubt she will need to lash out on coilovers. I probably overstated when I said a little bit of go. She thought my old 15.3 second EL falcon was "VERY FAST"

She just needs something that unlike the barina gets up and down hills without problems and doesn't take 3km to get to 110.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Prelude
    mate it depends, what i would recommend would be the prelude for your wife, mainly cause they feel better put together, they have all the luxuries you need, personally they look better and they have the up and go your wife will ever need.

I've got a 92 Prelude S, the thing has just gone over 240k's and is still in fantastic shape, the seats don't have any rips or tears and the paint has little to no fade and it has not had a respray, i picked mine up for 6k with full books, even the receipt of when it was first bought. I doubt you will find an Integra in good a shape.

Good Luck Mate.

PM if you needed anything else.

7.5k can you get a nice DC2 integra GSi.. she won't be needing vtec or anything.

Try and get one below 150,000 km with log books etc and your set!

Sorry guys your going to have to try and refrain from using model numbers alone. I have no idea what a DC2 integra looks like. If you can provide years with the model it would be better.

I'm thinking about pushing her towards a prelude VTi-R so the Vtec is there when I want to drive!

Another question, what is the performance difference between auto and manual in these cars? I know in the falcons there is a huge gulf between the auto and the manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    ok sorry bud for ur mrs i would recomend a prelude vtir bb6 in manual..as its more luxury well put together than the integra..its like integra is light weight version..so in falcon its like xr6 turbo and the prelude is xr8 boss..get my drift
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    Both lines of Honda are very good and extremely reliable.
    For the price bracket your looking at none will have the gift of vTEC.

Both Honda models will have the same amount of power/control.
    I think the prelude would have a slight larger power gain.
    Just ask your Mrs which she prefers in looks, there's your answer

The following is an extract from the following thread --> http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6

DC4 Integra GSi
    Released: Late 1993-2001
    Engine: B18B2: 1.8L DOHC, 107kW@6300RPM
    Torque: 172Nm @ 5200RPM
    Weight: 1146kg

(couldnt find any discussion in this forum about prelude Si specs)
    http://92lude.com/prelude_engine_specs.htm <-- shows Prelude Si specs, although you'll have to convert hP to kW --> http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/converter.htm

hope this helped

Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    i disagree with the above, you can quite easily pick up a vtir teg or lude for less than 8g on todays market. I picked up a 95 vtir integra for $7300. Everything is selling much cheaper these days with the economy the way it is. It will eventually just come down to personal preference. get her a photo of the two side by side, and ask her which shape she prefers. the preludes are sexy, i'm guessing she will choose that.
    '99 Integra GSi (gone)
    '95 Integra Vti-r (drag-spec)
    '91 Cressida Grande (daily)
    MT Drag Radials, Injen CAI (dc2r) & various parts for sale:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112491

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    def get a lude for the gf/wife
    sooo much better inside, no contest
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    hotdc2 - your right!! i just looked on carsales, there are a few vtir models going around... but that price stops at 1995 and the KM's are enormous, any model after that jumps up to 10-11k+
    never the less you are right.
    l personally think lntegras look alot better than any prelude model (my opinion) but i can see why preludes are the favoured choice.

llmoose - if your anything like me hahah, i would tell her to throw in a little more cash and pick up a decent vtir model on the sly!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    90 ef8 crx
    the prelude's although heavier than the integra's there engines have more torque although it can be argued the integra is quicker this is only when there reved out hard and thrown around alot if ur missus is anything like most women she probably wont enjoy revving the shit out if it to get it moving. preludes probably a better cruiser perhaps a 5th generation prelude si would suit her well 1997-2001 might get one in the price range to if u shop around. the vtir's models are better but there is alot of price difference i would stear clear of the automatics altogether. not trying to start an argument as to which car is better just suggesting the 5th gen prelude might be best for ur missus based on the info you have given.