Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111

Talking noob gonna change the clutch, plz help, clutch kit choice

hi ppl

as my stock clutch will gone anytime, it really urgent for me to buy/choose a clutch kit and replace it on

i have couple question to ask and hope you guys can help me out

1. should i change the light flywheel at same time when i change the clutch?
    2. what other stuff i have to change which not include in a clutch kit
    3. regarding on brand, i personally love the ATS carbon Single 1600kg (what i use on my dc5 before, feels awesom), any other brand you guys reckon
    4. after change the clutch kit, by an chance i can make better/slove out the clutch crunch problem(i heard that if i do install a ap2 clutch, problem will be solved)
    5. anyother suggestion welcome~

thx guys
    What a Three Seventy Z!

exedy sports tuff heavy duty works a treat i just put it in mine and im having no problems at all. it has even eliminated clutch buzz. lol iv almost forgoten wat it even is lol.

as for the flywheel i wouldnt and i didnt.
    pros: slightly better take off
    cons: less top end torque as there is less rotating mass on the fly wheel it does have an effect on torque. saddly these cars lack enuff in torque so loosing eny more would be a shame

check your clutch master cylinder for leaks inside the car. i noticed mine was sweating a little bit. these can be replaced with a new one from honda or machined out and sleeved if you know someone who can do it for alot less then the price of a new one
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Most of the exedy products available for the s2000 are basically the OEM product re-packaged, no point "upgrading" to the same thing, so make sure u get the right one. In regards to brand name and what not, do your research and make your own mind up or if u can, take a few for a test drive - thats how I decided on the TODA kit.

In regards to the flywheel, I found the car alot more responsive down low which was huge plus considering the lack of torque. Personally I didnt take the car close enough to the limit to feel any loss of torque.

Its been a few years since I installed the clutch kit but since then i've done alot of other things to make up for the low end and mid-range lack of torque, even improved on the top end. Now its pretty well balanced through the entire rev range. I guess it depends what u want out of the car and what ure ultimate goal is, if you've got one.

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    The Exedy HD kit comes with OEM Honda Pressure Plate, Release Bearing (Pull Type) and Exedy Clutch Plate. The kit it self is a hundred or two cheaper then buying it from Honda Australia.

I have installed about 4 of these clutches, 3 of them have all upgraded to Toda flywheels at the same time with good throttle response. Something you should consider when the time comes. These owners however has said the clutch buzz is still apparent after 20,000kms depends on your type of driving, so clutch buzz isn't totally eliminated.

If buzz is a concern the best bet would be to fit a AP2 clutch plate instead.

The next combo i would like to try would be ACT pressure plate, AP2 clutch disc and Toda Flywheel
    Formerlly modproject

i use the ats/carbonetics single.
    buy that.
    best clutch ever.

If staying with stock power, Id just go with the Exedy kit, if you are going with more down the track maybe ACT HDSS kit with OEM disk from the US, Im at 260ish rwkw and is holding up nicely. Also check out SOS new clutch kit (Science of Speed) awesome service and pricing.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    so from wat i can gather, the exedy kits (HD or OEM replacement) will still have a clutch buzz further down track .. wat clutch kits combos etc get rid of this buzz once n for all whether it be HD or oem replacement?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    check your clutch master cylinder for leaks inside the car. i noticed mine was sweating a little bit. these can be replaced with a new one from honda or machined out and sleeved if you know someone who can do it for alot less then the price of a new one
    will do ,thx for the suggestion,mate
    What a Three Seventy Z!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAP1 View Post
    Most of the exedy products available for the s2000 are basically the OEM product re-packaged, no point "upgrading" to the same thing, so make sure u get the right one. In regards to brand name and what not, do your research and make your own mind up or if u can, take a few for a test drive - thats how I decided on the TODA kit.

In regards to the flywheel, I found the car alot more responsive down low which was huge plus considering the lack of torque. Personally I didnt take the car close enough to the limit to feel any loss of torque.

Its been a few years since I installed the clutch kit but since then i've done alot of other things to make up for the low end and mid-range lack of torque, even improved on the top end. Now its pretty well balanced through the entire rev range. I guess it depends what u want out of the car and what ure ultimate goal is, if you've got one.
    ur car still running the TODA high power single clutch kit? how it feel?
    What a Three Seventy Z!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    Quote Originally Posted by h17am View Post
    i use the ats/carbonetics single.
    buy that.
    best clutch ever.
    i actually order the ATS carbon single 1600kg, but which be a big delay(2 month), but the clutch wear out now already,
    have no choice, have to get one replace in..
    What a Three Seventy Z!

just think about the lightened flywheel option tho like i said it will effect top end torque think theoreticly. yess it will help take off obvious reason is because these is less weight on the crank but up top itll be like swinging a piece of string with nothin on the end of it......
    its like wen muzzaz put fully sick cat back exhausts on there VRs n VSs n think there goin 100 times faster because there cars 1000times louds somtimes its just in the drivers head to think that sorry if it sounds rude i dnt mean to be just pointing it out
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    The loss of torque with a lighten flywheel can't even be felt. However what you can feel is the car reving up more quicker and how much more responsive defiantly one of the more worthwhile mods especially if you are pulling apart the clutch already. And maybe some sword fighting sound when you crank the car haha.