Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array

Tuning in sydney

Hey guys,

Ive got an amp, sub, 6x9s, splits and dvd deck in my daily. they're all installed but i need it retuned. how much would this cost and anyone know anyone in sydney that does it? dont really wanna go to jb or strathfield.

ps - maybe buying a new deck too

regards,

duckey

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3
    hey man, its quite easy to tune, just googled it up.

or read the instruction manual lol.

seriously though ur better off saving some money and trying it urself. whoever u get to tune it will tune it to what they like. if u do it urself u can tune it to what u think sounds good

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by saikou27 View Post
    or read the instruction manual lol.

seriously though ur better off saving some money and trying it urself. whoever u get to tune it will tune it to what they like. if u do it urself u can tune it to what u think sounds good
    lol thanks for the replies.

when i bought the car it already came with a sound system but the guy didnt have any manuals

it sounded pretty good but he took the sub out so i had to put my own one in and it doesnt sound as good anymore. too much bass coming front 6x9's, sub and front speakers even though i turned everything down.

furthermore i think he did the wiring wrong as i cant get sound out from the front speakers and splits - only through 6x9s. i.e. when i balance the sound i can get sound through the front and splits but when i set it to only the front i get no sound.

additionally my DVD player is a dud - some crappy brand (eonon?) which doesnt allow give me a lot of settings to try tune it properly thus why im looking for a new deck as well lol

gosh i hate being a poor uni student

if theres too much bass coming from ur speakers u need to turn up the cross over point. there should be a dial or something on ur sub amp. turn it up higher untill it sounds right to u. then turn the bass settings down from ur head unit.

note this only applies if ur running ur speakers off the head unit and not off an amp. is that the case?

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    i live in Auburn if ur in the area pm me.. ill help ya out with tuning i wont take money -_- srsly its like a 5 min job lol

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3 + Honda Odyssey
    If ur a perfectionist, head down to FHRX studios @ Taren Point

From what I've heard, Marty @ FHRX Studios is highly recommended!

I can tune for you if you come to city, PM me if you are interested

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    btw if u wana upgrade the system a little, like.. speakers in your engine bay and what not .. gime a pm i do that stuff too