Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestri View Post
    Yea, I tried the GTI, love the car, hate the looks and its WAAAYY out of my price range.

The Ralliart I wont go near cause I alrady have an Lancer ES 2006 and its a nice car, but Im having so much issues witht he gear box.

WRX.... I will only look at the STI unfortunately, its soooooo sexy and I cant afford it
    The new Hatch STI and scoop is FKN SEXY!!!!
    70 grand though is fkn alot >.> (isn't it?)

Why not try look into a older car or you after new??
    I know someone who has a LIMITED EDITION 1999 2DR WRX STI (400 released in Aus), **** all KMS on it.. Purely Genuine KM's. (not a 22b)
    He's a tiler so you can guess he has no time to drive it lol...
    Its immaculate..

It's your call at end of the day, but preferably i'd still say go for a Honda man!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    WRX.... I will only look at the STI unfortunately, its soooooo sexy and I cant afford it
    So you like Subaru's but not willing a get a wrx which will walk over both of your first choices of a XR5 and Type R....
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Sorry WATAJK, Im looking for something new. But I really appreciate the offer.

Its really down to the Honda and the Ford.

If there is an undisputable reason to go for the honda, I would. But I dont see any. I personally think the Ford Engine, value, safety, and the toys are much better. But The only thing I love about the honday is the Street cred of an R, the Styleing (damn I love the style of the interior) and that it has cruise control.

I jsut dont know >< its so not fair.... stupid choice. It should be easier lol

Quote Originally Posted by Catcha View Post
    So you like Subaru's but not willing a get a wrx which will walk over both of your first choices of a XR5 and Type R....
    Well, I said It looked sexy and the STI is the only WRX I'd look at. Other than that, I never said I liked it, and even stock standard with onroads, its already hitting my max budget (its $44,160 I got quoted) So for the money its just the engine, and TBH, I want reliable, not fast.

Also, I dont see value in the normal WRX. Its so devoid of anyhting in the cockpit that Im not sure what Im really paying for. Unless you can tell me. I know ver little about Imprezzas

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Well, I said It looked sexy and the STI is the only WRX I'd look at. Other than that, I never said I liked it, and even stock standard with onroads, its already hitting my max budget (its $44,160 I got quoted) So for the money its just the engine, and TBH, I want reliable, not fast.

Also, I dont see value in the normal WRX. Its so devoid of anyhting in the cockpit that Im not sure what Im really paying for. Unless you can tell me. I know ver little about Imprezzas
    I'm going to try and keep this brief, yes STI's look much nicer than a standard WRX agree well i just saw on discount car sale site wrx $43800 driveaway and thats with room to bargain.
    a wrx is just as reliable as any other car, not sure why you think otherwise, since you know so little I suggest you take one for a test drive if you know so little. but if it was between a ford XR5 and Type R , I would probably go towards a XR5, most would agree the current Type R just does not cut it like the old models
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Quote Originally Posted by Catcha View Post
    I'm going to try and keep this brief, yes STI's look much nicer than a standard WRX agree well i just saw on discount car sale site wrx $43800 driveaway and thats with room to bargain.
    a wrx is just as reliable as any other car, not sure why you think otherwise, since you know so little I suggest you take one for a test drive if you know so little. but if it was between a ford XR5 and Type R , I would probably go towards a XR5, most would agree the current Type R just does not cut it like the old models
    Ive never seen it that cheap before... thanks, I'll look into it. Im sure that the price I was quoted for 46K was a bit steep. but if its 43-44 then maybe I can get them to go to 44 with a few simple options. You think dealers will be upset if I quote carsales?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Ive never seen it that cheap before... thanks, I'll look into it. Im sure that the price I was quoted for 46K was a bit steep. but if its 43-44 then maybe I can get them to go to 44 with a few simple options. You think dealers will be upset if I quote carsales?
    go check all the cars you want on this site and send them a inquiry on the right hand side...... driveaway prices are exactly that.....

good luck with whatever you get, but do yourself a favor and take a wrx for test drive with all the others , it certainly puts a smile on my face. A VW GTI are also great but you noted you didn't like the style

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Well, the person thats doing the test driving will be my dad... I gotta make him happy first. Im 25, but I gotta keep my dad on side or I'll never hear the end of it. He used to work for ford in the Parramatta Factory back in 1989 - 97 when it closed. He was a lead Engineer and the cars we made were pretty reliable. So he will be the one to know how good a car could be.

I already drove automatic versions of these cars and I have sat in a XR5 while a mate taught me manual. Im getting better, but not confident enough to take a one for a test drive.

I've already sent inquries on the site.... man, I never knew this site existed for new cars. I only thought it was only for used.. I even found some dealer demos that I might be interested in since its less than 500kms and its cheaper than I thought.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    To those who
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    To those who
    ...huh?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3->EK1->DC2->
    Firstly... something a master mechanic once told me
    F - fix
    O - or
    R - repair
    D - daily
    and its quite true.

Honda:
    - Its a bit cramped evan as a small asian dude, I still think that a bit of luxury rather
    than "I feel like Im in a race car" would be nicer. But damn the seats are nice.
    its not too bad quite comfy

- WTF is up with the seats? I fold it and it doesnt go back to where it was before
    have they ever.....

- It crawls at low RPM, only lurches forward after 4000-5000 RPM (I wont be doing this on normal roads and this will end up hurting my fuel if I want to make the most of it.) In other words, it doesnt feel like an R unless I wanna break the law. (But then, maybe thats a plus? Vtec jsut kicked in yo!
    the k20 has plenty power before vtec engages especially in normal everyday driving purposes.

- I hope the person that put the Spoiler there was fired.
    its quite useful and designed for a purpose other then looking good. whilst driving at at night time i notice, the headlights of the tailing car doesnt reflect off ur rear view mirror. quite in genious design. Anyone actually know what that design serves though? honda wouldnt have stuffed it in for no reason; everything on an R is there for a GOOD reason.

- Not enough toys like voice control, bluetooth, ipod connection all comes standard.
    I thought it does have bluetooth... havent bothered to look

- I wish it was a 5 star safety rating
    Its a design of a type r with the concept of the track....... not a Hyundai Getz! The getz is alot cheaper but would u feel driving a hyundai.. i feel safer in a honda.

- It doesnt have enough torque
    when has honda ever relied on pure torque? hondas (even non vtec ones) but especially vtec ones achieve higher power outputs and higher redlines yet still achieving maximum fuel economy and they also run cleaner then their rivals - thats honda :-)

Its alot more to a type r then what your suggesting, I understand you are looking for your idealistic car. but lets face it, any type r is an enthusiast vehicle. perhaps your not cut for a Type R afterall.

Ford:
    - Theres no left footrest... ouch. I drive sydney to canberra then back about 6 times a year. The XR5 is a nice cruiser, but my poor left foot
    poor turbo - dig deep into your pockets for fuel

- No cruise control... its $900 for a dealer fitted aftermarket system, but Im not 100% sure about how reliable it is and how safe.
    back to the original acrostic poem

- Rear seats dont fold all the way down.
    hondas do!

- Interior is boring, other than the faux carbon fibre look, although I can buy little LED lights I can install in the footwells to liven things up at night.
    my honest thoughts is honda has always had the nicer interior compared to other names, eg toyota. compare the "celica & integra", "corrolla & civic" (recall ae82), "camry & accord"

Ok, in other words, I wish I had the Honda interor and exteror styling with the Ford (Its actually a Volvo) engine with the value and safety of a ford. *cry* stupid honda dealer, why did he have to be so savvy?
    buy honda, the answer is so straight forward.

Having an FN2R in the household was also a tough decision... we test drove every other car from Mercs to BMW to Peugeot to Toyota to Nissan to Lexus and everything inbetween. Nothing satisfied more then the FN2r. For drivabilty, fuel economy, enjoyment, aesthetics, handling (dont start with the rear torsion bar argument - face it, u aint goin to a track (often if at all) and you prob aint got enough guts to corner at full speed anyways)

The elegance and spirit of a type r is really something which is unique. Turbos are exciting and give u that thrill factor... but thats about all. +RWD and its a totally different story.

No regrets getting the FN2R!
    Last edited by specialst; 20-12-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    after seeing how many problems my mates have with there fords, i vote........

evo 9
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe