Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: k20/24 motor

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    As far as i know off, there is no f - up water lines. Not sure what Adrian was referring too

Yes the k20 head directly bolt up to the k24 bottom end. No extra modification is required!
    Awesome!

And if building a k20/24 is there a better bottom end to start with? Are aftermarket pistons and rods required, or will decent power be made with stock bottom end and k20 itr head
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    As far as i know off, there is no f - up water lines. Not sure what Adrian was referring too

Yes the k20 head directly bolt up to the k24 bottom end. No extra modification is required!
    Top radiator hose... That's all
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by eg5civic View Post
    If they are the same head why do people bother with the k20 head on k24 bottom end. and how are the water lines affected?
    Pretty much becasue people just follow what's on the net.
    & If your start point is a CRV bottom end, then yeah, good idea.
    You can't really convert that one as there's no provision for the lost motion assemblies (springs)
    But if you've got a K24A from a Euro, the head is good.
    The money spent on a head swap could be better spent on other things...
    (Only down side is you'll need K20A spring seats & retainers to use K20A aftermarket cams & springs)
    But hey, don't let me stop you,

& can I have your old K24A head when you're done?

TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Account Disabled Array
    Awesome!

And if building a k20/24 is there a better bottom end to start with? Are aftermarket pistons and rods required, or will decent power be made with stock bottom end and k20 itr head
    If your on a budget, start with a Euro Accord K24 motor. Change valve springs, 50VTC, stage 2 cams, ITB's and decent headers, you'll see it make 150 + kw (depending on dyno)

Check out some of my youtube video's when i had only a internally stock k24 motor with itb's, asp headers and E85 rev cut @ 7400rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    If your on a budget, start with a Euro Accord K24 motor. Change valve springs, 50VTC, stage 2 cams, ITB's and decent headers, you'll see it make 150 + kw (depending on dyno)

Check out some of my youtube video's when i had only a internally stock k24 motor with itb's, asp headers and E85 rev cut @ 7400rpm
    Well yeah will be on a budget, I want to sell my b16b eventually and go k series. use the money from the b series to help the transition.
    Is E85 really that much better than premium 98 ron for making power... E85 hasnt caught on in QLD yet unfortunately
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Well yeah will be on a budget, I want to sell my b16b eventually and go k series. use the money from the b series to help the transition.
    Is E85 really that much better than premium 98 ron for making power... E85 hasnt caught on in QLD yet unfortunately
    No, E85 is 85% ethanol. E85 would corrode your fuel lines and seals in your engine. Honda issued a statement that their engines from 2003 onwards are ok to run with up to 10% ethanol.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

how much does a k24 setup go for these days?? basic i/h/e kpro and all the parts required.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    depends on heaps of things: new or 2nd hand parts, if you pay someone or DIY, etc etc.

drive in/drive out around the $10 - $13k mark from what i've seen

wow that is alot cheaper than i thought,, yes brand new parts

Member Array
    Car:
    2.4L EP3
    Hey guys, just about to do a k24/20 conversion. I bought a 07 k24a3 and now i just need to know if i need any other parts to make this work. I own a ep3

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    k24 CRV engine side bracket. If your swapping over heads, might want to get a new Headgasket. Other then that its pretty straight forward, have the honda manual handy.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Awesome!

I was on real budget with my EG civic K24A swap
    Stock k24a3 motor with 50 degree VTC , Stock k24a3 valve springs and cams , 7600 rpm rev limit , Hondata kpro , Custom Intake manifold with 80mm throttle body , Custom header , 3 inch exhaust on 24.5 x 8 x 13 slicks got me 11.82 @ 113 mph down the 1/4 mile.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com