Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    nice to know... i think i'll change mine next time now too. And what oil do you guys use - i think Magnatec (I do a lot of short trips - Wollongong ain't that big lol) is a semi-synthetic. But i've heard if you use a full synthetic it's not good for the seals...???
    Castrol edge sport 5w-30
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

does the octane booster actually help?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by kural7 View Post
    does the octane booster actually help?
    I like to think it does It's hard to say because I also got an exhaust at around the same; but at the end of the day I think it's the same theory as what they say about using 98 octane fuels like V Power: you don't really get the full (or possibly any) benefit unless you continuously use the product over an extended period of time.

Hence the label which says to use it every 4 fills
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    You should be draining your oil out when its warm.

IT allows the oil to flow easier when hot/warm.

Not to mention it gets rid of the moisture at the same time.

Doing it cold will take longer as well as the oil will be more a gunk opposed to warm.

I've been to 5 honda mechanic speciallist who all recommend doing it warm.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Just an update to this thread:

Spoke to Honda last week and they told me they are coming out with a new fully synthetic FEO oil within the next month or so. The current FEO is a semi-synthetic.

I questioned if for a 98 Civic if it was best to stick to semi (was worried about seals) but said he would actually recommend full over semi

ALSO, how much do you guys pay for your FEO oil? My local dealer is asking $44 for 5 litres (trade price because we've bought 2 Hondas from them)...
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5
    nice Alvis, i will definitely be going down to my local honda dealer and inquiring about their oil next time.

lol its been 3 months since i started this thread and i just changed the oil today...success!

found out i have a metal washer around the sump plug, doesnt leak but i thought it was meant to be rubber lol..

unless the guys before forgot to put a rubber washer before the metal washer thing!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    can't remember off hand if mine has a rubber washer on the nut... you'd think it would...

but yeh, that fully synthetic FEO oil is now available from Honda
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Sump plug uses aluminum crush washers. They make a seal by getting crushed into place, thats why its recommended its changed every oil change.

Rubber wouldnt last very long
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS