Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    The only i dislike about the new gen 8th civic Type-R is the rear torsion bar suspension systemand overall weighs heavier than the Type-S with less power
    you watch top gear... !

caosa
    mate, get in both cars. Drive both and decide for your self.
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    The only i dislike about the new gen 8th civic Type-R is the rear torsion bar suspension systemand overall weighs heavier than the Type-S with less power
    It has a shorter final drive and the torque peaks lower down to give a broader powerband which should help a bit but even so, I wouldnt like an extra 100kg to lug around in my type-s all the time.

Like Menzy said, go drive them all and decide. I would love one of those RX-8 GT's, not that fast, but such a nice balanced all rounder of a car.

I thought p plater cannot drive a rotary car?
    well... in QLD they can't

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ex-DC5, FD1
    the rx8 will drink fuel like a thirsty hippo....
    Last edited by KOHO; 07-07-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Yeah i saw a top gear episode comparing an EP3 and FN2 Type-R lol...both UK specs and Clarkson didnt like the FN2. The Ep3 Type-R got a positive feedback.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    if your thinking of fn, should think about ep3 as the bolsters arent high as the dc5r/fn2, plenty of leg room at the back no one complains, even though its a 4seater can always squeeze another in. plenty of bootspace for a hatch, drop the rear seats down and theres even more. the ride is quite comfy unless your on shit road which is majority of the time in sydney then you'll feel every bump through the car.

i wouldve thought the type s looked more of the comfort sports car.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by caosa View Post
    Yeah i was leaning more towards the type r but its got bucket seats and all, and if my mum or dad drive it now and again theyre gonna find it hard to continually get in and out of it.
    S2000 idea has been scrapped just because of the lack of practicality.
    You will be driving it the majority of the time. If you prefer the Type R and your parents are not against it, then go for it. The 8th gen type R is easier to get in and out of compared to a DC5 Type R. So it is not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by caosa View Post
    I was thinking bout the new rx8 gt's they look tough as and are a few G extra for basically a brand new one. Anyone been in or own one of these?
    Yes I have and they are underwhelming, drink a lot of fuel and also consumes oil. They are nice being a rear wheel drive car, but are more comfort-orientated. I just don't like having to fill up with 50% more fuel compared to a Type R, especially in city driving.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2