• Integra VTi-R

127 74.27%
  • Prelude VTi-R

44 25.73%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow Integra VTi-R or Prelude VTi-R?

About $9000 max to spend.

Which one is better and why?

I noticed a lot more attention going to the Integra's. Any reason for that?

I'm wanting to buy one of these so this would help a lot. I honestly like the shape of both cars.

Is there any advice you could possibly give me before forking out my money on either car? I'm trying my best to get some more advice before buying cars in general, but anything I should look into specifically for these?

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Teggie IMO but im bias.

I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few of these threads around
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Teggie.... Prelude only if you can get a manual with low kms but very rare as the auto's shit themselves =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6
    Integra. only because it's lighter than the prelude.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Integra. Because it's a B series, it's well balanced and it's weight isn't measured in megatons. lol

Also because the grip is INSANE mang!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i test drove the BB6 VTIR and the pre-facelift Dc2 VTIR when i bought my car

the BB6 was a really nice cruiser and i think being a bit older now i would choose it over the integra
    BUT when i bought my car i wanted a more aggressive/sports car and the integra was it

Integra
    vtec was much more interesting, the engine was more responsive and the car felt more fluid to drive
    long hatch/fastback is like having a JDM ute when u put the back seats down =D

Prelude
    h22 has more torque but vtec isnt as much fun, engine not as responsive, car felt heavier
    not as useful boot but you dont have to worry about rear passengers hitting their heads on the roof lol
    i found the turn in to be overall a bit sharper stock for stock - the prelude handled a little better/sharper - but overall did not feel as good

i think if you are new to the scene go for the integra - if you have had a few cars now - get the prelude

either way - test drive both (try get stock ones) and see which u like more

I CAN tell you not to get a ATTS VTIR prelude - the electronic LSD doesnt work so well

EDIT - as for the poll - i cant vote on either - because they are both amazing cars
    the three best bang for buck hondas around are:
    - EM1 Civic VTIR
    - EK Civic VTIR
    - Dc2 Integra VTIR
    - BB6 Prelude VTIR
    and i wouldnt be able to tell you either or when it comes to choosing one because they are all amazing =)
    Last edited by TheSaint; 12-10-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

integra has ALOT MORE aftermarket parts to offer, preludes.. not so much as the teggy. integras IMO
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    EM1 is nice but I don't know if its bang for buck, they're still quite expensive, costs more than a teggie vti-r but they do look hawt
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    well my post was assuming you can get them all around the 9-11k mark

em1 cost a little more but are a bit rarer tho
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Preludes are more common, plus a BB6 vti-r is going to be pretty rare with low k's and manual for 9k. I'm considering a switch to the lude vti-r or I'm going to save my face off for a Type R Integra. The lude has an awesome interior, especially if you can get the tanned leather.

Member Array
    Car:
    dog
    integra