Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo

Accidently drilled into my fuel line, how do i fix?

Seriously feel like the biggest nub. Relocating my amp under my seat for a cleaner presentation i drilled holes to mount it and didnt bother to think if it would hit anything other than go threw the chassis. Well unfortunatly i drilled into the fuel line. How do i go about patching this? do cut the section out and replace it with tubing? do i replace the whole line? or is it possible to fill the hole.

any idea's will be helpful thanks.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I would replace the whole thing man.

The last thing you want is enough pressure to blow it off and leak fuel everywhere when you're driving.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Mistakes happen,

My cousin had a simular problem, what he did was he cut the pipe where he drilled into, making a gap. Then he basically got a rubber tube(supercheap sells it) and fitted it in between, clamped both sides up of the rubber tube and it works a treat.

If you can't picture what I mean then I'll be happy to draw it up for you.

Good luck,

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    your going to have to replace the whole steel line, theres no way to patch it up.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Mistakes happen,

My cousin had a simular problem, what he did was he cut the pipe where he drilled into, making a gap. Then he basically got a rubber tube(supercheap sells it) and fitted it in between, clamped both sides up of the rubber tube and it works a treat.

If you can't picture what I mean then I'll be happy to draw it up for you.

Good luck,
    Yeah i think i will do this for now so i can have it driving. Then ill source a new line from a wrecker and replace it when i get the chance.

Sucks...looks like im going to have to remove my whole tank for safe keeping whilst im cutting the pipe.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    i would replace it instead of doing a temporary fix, remember the fix has chance of not working since the ends of the steel pipe where you cut it wont have that lip which prevents the hose from slipping off. i would just replace first time so you dont have to do the same thing twice.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    you are running a turbo and you need more fuel how about getting a new bigger steel fuel line made up to suit your civic which allow more volume of fuel to be pump into your fuel rail

Worth looking into

DC2-PWR is good fix intill your source the new fuel line
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Im pretty sure my fuel line is larger already. It's a 12 or 14mm, i upgraded a long time ago.

Stock is either 8 or 10mm yer?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Btw DC2-pwr did your cousin remove the whole fuel tank for safety etc?

I mean im 2 ready to cut but removing the fuel tank etc is an 30 min job on its own

You can patch it up.... Dude... what the hell do you think plumbers do to pipes when there's a burst in a full line.. they patch.. clamp.....
    And that's on anything from gas to water which runs at a MORE extreme pressure then what fuel would in your car.....
    Damn people over exaggerate the risk... like hydrolocking >.>

Recommended would be to change the line but a patch up if done properly and tight will be just as good
    Best of luck

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    hmm ok dude i work as a fitter and turner in hydraulics so i work with steel hardline very often there are 2 ways you can go

1, get some rubber fuel hose cut the section out flange the ends of the pipe slide the rubber hose into both ends of the pipe and secure with stainless steel hose clamps trust me if done right this is a very cheap, easy fix but will be more than effective

2, cut a section out and replace with hardline pipe you will need to buy 3 fittings to join the the pipe back up this will be costly and over kill imo

there is another option of replacing the whole fuel line but this will be costly and time consuming

also having to upgrade fuel line to a larger size for turbo is laughable as the oem line carries nowhere near it's pressure and therefor flow rating (hell there are 400kw hondas getting around on oem fuel line
    Last edited by ek4-guy; 15-10-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    R.F.F.R

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    also as for saftey when cutting the line there is no need to remove the tank ect just buy a small pipe cutter and pipe flaring tool like below

pipe cutter

flaring tool

fittings needed to replace the section of pipe with new pipe you will need 2x new pipe ends and collars and a JIC nipple in the apropriate size
    R.F.F.R