Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    it is always depend how lucky you are but , i was on my green and lost 4points for speeding , then got caught turn right when the sign that say you can turn and run through a red light in the same time , there is 5 points+ the four i lost before then 9 points all up , but i went through court saying i need car for work this and that , then judge goes he feel so sorry for me and he understand that Ps license is really harsh sometime , so he gave me all point back and let me drive and said just becareful next time.. this is my little secert story:P

do not email rta if you do decide to go to them in the end... i got suspended on L's and lost all my P points, this is what they told me when i asked them what is going to happen "The NSW Roads and Traffic Authority is unable to access and discuss your licence via email." and suggests that "Alternatively, please personally attend a motor registry with your full proof of identification." which kinda fuking defeats the purpose of having an online service in the first place... took them like 5 days for to form these two sentences aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    i was in the same situation,
    lost 3 points on greens previously, copped instant 6 months (POLICE SUSPENSION), then got it back 6 months later,
    2 months after getting it back recieved a letter saying ive lost 9 points in total so i will have to do 3 months suspension,
    then got my licecne back with full 7 points,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    never ever ever take legal advice from ozhonda members. don't listen to a word they say about points/suspension etc.

FIXED for the truth !

OP - why don't you contact the RTA on this matter ? They are
    The governing body that makes these rules and will give a infinitely better response than any police officer ( enforces the rules) or ozhonda member ( vaguely abides by the rules) !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Yeah but if I take it to court and I loose I get a criminal record don't I? I cant afford that, I just finishing off my masters in finance no bank will hire me

I don't mind another 3 month suspension but I wanna serve it all together 9 months cause I'll be overseas in last 2 months of the next 9 months
    Last edited by steve88; 27-11-2010 at 10:39 AM.

you wont get a criminal recrod , is not like you killed someone or drink driver... is just speeding mate. take to court , write a letter , show to judge you care about it . so u might get it off

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    Yeah but if I take it to court and I loose I get a criminal record don't I? I cant afford that, I just finishing off my masters in finance no bank will hire me

I don't mind another 3 month suspension but I wanna serve it all together 9 months cause I'll be overseas in last 2 months of the next 9 months

No you will not have a criminal record, as you didn't commit a criminal offense. all the court can do is acquit, or convict and vary the penalty if it sees fit.

sorry dude i confused you
    time line of my offenses
    - 1 month ago lost 3 points on phone
    - last week lost 6 points speeding instant 6 month suspension
    you could do the toip program and try to appeal one of ur suspensions, pref, the police one. some guy in my toip class got his police suspension taken off, and he only had to do the RTA suspension..

i got done for drink driving, i got off, section 10 good behaviour bond. keeping in mind i have alrdy lost my license for loss of points, and i am green P plate. try your luck? and i represented myself too.
    Last edited by MWAKU; 27-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    you could do the toip program and try to appeal one of ur suspensions, pref, the police one. some guy in my toip class got his police suspension taken off, and he only had to do the RTA suspension..

i got done for drink driving, i got off, section 10 good behaviour bond. keeping in mind i have alrdy lost my license for loss of points, and i am green P plate. try your luck? and i represented myself too.

don't misinterpret what a section 10 is.

you didn't 'get off'. a s10 means that the offence has been proven, but the magistrate does not proceed to a conviction. but because of the bond, if you are not of good behaviour during the relevant period you can be resentenced for that drink driving offence.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ive been driving 4+ years never had any demerit point loss in my life, not even a parking fine *sigh* it never rains it pours hey

edit: if i remember correctly, everything illegal is a criminal offense, but its another thing to get a criminal conviction.. ?? the person who dropped on me i'll have a criminal record if i loose was a friend who just finished law, maybe she's wrong. I'm gonna speak to legal aid on tuesday and if I have a case i'll fight them.
    Last edited by steve88; 27-11-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    ive been driving 4+ years never had any demerit point loss in my life, not even a parking fine *sigh* it never rains it pours hey

edit: if i remember correctly, everything illegal is a criminal offense, but its another thing to get a criminal conviction.. ?? the person who dropped on me i'll have a criminal record if i loose was a friend who just finished law, maybe she's wrong. I'm gonna speak to legal aid on tuesday and if I have a case i'll fight them.
    That is not correct.

It is against the law to park in a taxi zone. It is not a criminal offense to park in a taxi zone. It is a traffic offence.

edit: also, if you get a ticket for parking in a taxi zone, elect to have the matter heard before a court, and are convicted, it still is not a criminal offence.
    Last edited by Mr_will; 27-11-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls

Legal aid will not take your case as you are not facing a term of imprisonment.