Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo

CU2 Audio upgrade desperately needed for Accord Euro CU2 Luxury

I bought a 2009 Euro Luxury a couple of weeks ago, assuming that the 10-speaker audio system would actually sound like music. My last car was a Mazda 6 Luxury Sports and its Bose system sounded good enough that I didn't feel the need to upgrade anything.

The sound system in the Euro Luxury leaves a lot to be desired. Can anyone tell me if the fundamental problem with it is the front end or the speakers? I hope it's the speakers, since that would mean that replacing the splits at the front with real splits, and replacing the centre speaker with a good quality 2-way would probably make me happy.

My musical taste tend toward intense classical - piano, solo guitar, concertos, large orchestral works, choral works, with the occasional pop, folk, jazz or rock thrown in for good measure.

If anyone has gone through this process, what did you end up using?

I've seen Hertz HSK 165 splits for crazy cheap on eBay - way way cheaper than other quality splits I have looked at - they had some really great reviews but I don't know how they would fare in my system and how good they are for classical. I don't know how beefy the amplification is in the Euro Lux system and I don't know how much these splits need to drive them properly.

What would be appropriate for the centre speaker, which looks like it is only 4"? Should I be putting a small coax in there? Or maybe just disconnect it altogether!

Should I bother replacing the speakers in the rear doors? Hertz DCX 165 coax if at all?

I assume there is no point in replacing the pair of full-range speakers in the rear shelf.

Is the shelf-mounted sub good enough to keep? - should I be looking to replace it, leave it as is, or box it more effectively?

Help please...
    Last edited by WarrenM; 17-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.