Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic

Need a qualified mechanic inspection

I am looking at buying an EK civic with a B18cR engine
    Unfortunately due to my situation, I can only afford 95% of the car and my parents are pitching in the rest. My friend "TheSaint" looked at this car with me and told me it was one of the best value for money Hondas he has ever seen or driven. However, the mechanic that I used to inspect it did a ridiculously shit job and now my parents think I am buying a lemon. I, on the other hand, have a little more sense but no clout as I am not a qualified mechanic...while I have made a verbal offer on the car, there is another interested buyer and so I would like to clear this up ASAP. I have a copy of the dodgy inspection report if it helps. Basically I need a QUALIFIED mechanic who knows about Hondas to give a second opinion so that I can convince my stingy philistine parents that their (small amount of) money is not being wasted.

Thanks.
    Last edited by DLO01; 29-03-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    I should also mention that the car is based in Perth, Western Australia.

Parents vs car issue is always hard. GL with everything!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    What did the mechanic inspect? What was dodgey about it?

Mmm yeah pearents are hard to convince, just because your buying a sports car. They want us to drive like a corrolla or someshit, wtf.

good luck
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    actually they want to buy a new great wall car for me or a commodore or falcon because parts are cheap and readily available! so you can see the kind (lack) of logic i am up against!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t-knows-hondas

same story

nobody has a clue about hondas around here sigh
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    lol @ great wall lol @ commodore lol @ falcon, wanna know why the parts are so cheap? because they stuff up so easy so parts are always in stock etc etc.

can you make shit up and say shit like "commodores and falcons are cop baits they stuff up easily etc etc"?

i cop shit from my dad all the time for owning a civic lol he still carrys on till this day about how small my civic is and how i should of gotten a holden blablabla, but i just shut him up by saying "how much have you wasted on the holden trying to fix it up?"

Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    yeh basically he thought it had piston and tappet noise (perhaps a short air ram+pod filter+vtec engagement confused his small brain??) engine sounded immaculate to us and has done less than 40000km, it is also a japanese spec engine which he totally missed. he also missed the fact that it had a front LSD. went through a big niggle about engine mounts and the window motors being noisy (could not give a F**K!) and other small things, also radiator was knackered (it clearly came from the original B16cR engine which had done about 130000km...still no biggie there...engine mounts had sagged, dont care, easy fix.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    haha yeh i tried to explain this a thousand times SuperJDM...rock and a hard place=mother & father

hahaha!

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Why dont you just save that extra 5% on your own and buy it yourself and tell your pez to suck it
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    unfortunately i ran out of work about a month ago and this car will go if i cant get the cash.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Did you tell the other owner about that 5%? Work out a deal or something
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero