Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I have the same problem. My EPS light spits out a code, i just dont know how to read it..

I had the same problem a while back and Honda said the same thing. So I had my toe and camber settings adjusted by a garage I trusted, then the problem went away. Even when I got a new set of wheels and tires the steering was fine...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Read out the codes by:

Long blink - 10's
    Short blink - 1's

Add all of them up, then type the codes here, I'll look them up for you. With 10's and 1's there should be a .5s between each flash, then a 1s pause when it's spitting out the 1's. Do this a few times, until you get the same pattern (it keeps looping until you un-short the SCS).

I also have a spare EPS module and a Steering rack and a Torque sensor. I was going to replace mine because I had such issues, however it has now dissappeared (or not nearly as noticeable) - But from my previous findings, it's most likely the steering gearbox itself (whole rack).

Goodluck.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Hi All! thanks alot for all the Help! i got a wheel alignment done from another Garage and was still doing the same thing! so i called up Essendon Honda and argued the fact that it wasn't doing it before i dropped it off and i want them to fix it. They said they need to do a wheel alignment. I asked what if the wheel alignment doesn't fix it? and they agreed that if the wheel alignment doesn't fix it i wouldn't have to pay for it. I got them to do the wheel alignment and they apprarently done the torque sensor reset procedure. I picked up the car after paying $363 and it was all fixed. Now my clutch pedal is getting stuck after pushing it in and trying to release. It has a slight stick and then just releases. Really Annoying!! thought i'd also add that my car got keyed outside my house Nice and deep scratch along my boot and another on my Rear Right Panel..

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    Hi All! thanks alot for all the Help! i got a wheel alignment done from another Garage and was still doing the same thing! so i called up Essendon Honda and argued the fact that it wasn't doing it before i dropped it off and i want them to fix it. They said they need to do a wheel alignment. I asked what if the wheel alignment doesn't fix it? and they agreed that if the wheel alignment doesn't fix it i wouldn't have to pay for it. I got them to do the wheel alignment and they apprarently done the torque sensor reset procedure. I picked up the car after paying $363 and it was all fixed. Now my clutch pedal is getting stuck after pushing it in and trying to release. It has a slight stick and then just releases. Really Annoying!! thought i'd also add that my car got keyed outside my house Nice and deep scratch along my boot and another on my Rear Right Panel..
    try greasing the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder. if it still sticky then grease the clutch slave cylinder.
    a good diy thread is here: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/3707...-clutch-pedal/

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by timtam View Post
    try greasing the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder. if it still sticky then grease the clutch slave cylinder.
    a good diy thread is here: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/3707...-clutch-pedal/
    Thanks for the DIY timtam. Only thing is i don't own a jack, i don't have a flat surface at home and i don't have the tools. See if i can convince a mate who has his own shop to help me out

i wish i had a garage with a hoist and all these tools in there. i would just rely purely off the DIYs on here to keep my car running safe and trustable cos i know what i would have done to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    You don't need a jack to grease the clutch pedal and your clutch master.

I'd say what your noticing is in actual fact the clutch slave push rod that connects to the fork (this will need a jack). Sand off the rough bits, regrease, re-install. You should notice a world of difference if you saw an uneven speckled finish on the ball.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    You don't need a jack to grease the clutch pedal and your clutch master.

I'd say what your noticing is in actual fact the clutch slave push rod that connects to the fork (this will need a jack). Sand off the rough bits, regrease, re-install. You should notice a world of difference if you saw an uneven speckled finish on the ball.

Peace.
    Thank you Zhong! i'll take my car past my mates shop and hopefully get him to grease it all up for me and i'll also print out the DIY and show him what should be done. Thank you all for the help.

Love This Forum!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Here it is:
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8602...#entry20481218

If your car is pre-2002 you'll need to short the diag plugs differently. See the service manual.
    Ok, I was able to get up to step 6, but the EPS light kept flashing out a code - 2 long, 2 short. I think that this is disallowing for me to reset the EPS. Anyone able to shed some light on this? also the DTC is 22, in the Honda manual, it seems to be for either:

- Excessive change of the vehicle speed sensor signal/
    - A pronlem with average for vehicle speed and engine speed

Anyone able to shed some light on this? I have the steering issue mentioned by ALPS in the beginning, I dont know/understand why i'm retrieving these codes. I've done it bout 5 times to check, same pattern exists. Thanks!