Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15

S2000 Steering Issue

Hi Guys,

New to the Forum. I have read heaps of articles on here and have had my AP1 '00 S2000 for 6 months now. Thought it's time i register and raise an issue i'm having at the moment.

I noticed my steering sometimes feeling heavy and then light. My car was due for a minor service so i took it to Essendon Honda in melb. They've said that an error code come back and suggested an alignment as a fix. they want 380 dollars!! I don't want to pay that money for a wheel alignment when i've already had one done recently (month ago). so i picked up the car without them doing an alignment and now my steering keeps wandering off to the left and very hard to turn right. I took it back to them and they said they can't do anything but try a wheel alignment first. i really dont want to pay 380 for an alignment and they've made it worse than what it was. what if it isn't the alignment? blow away my money?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alp

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    try flush the power steering fluid maybe you have air bubbles in it.
    Just go get an alignment somewhere else.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Car has EPS (think it's Electronic Power Steering). They don't have power steering fluid.

Think i will end up getting another wheel alignment to be safe. I am wondering though, how different would it be from getting a mechanic with the laser alignment machine or Essendon Honda to do it? what would they do different to charge the extra 300 bucks
    Last edited by ALPS; 27-06-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    Car has EPS (think it's Electronic Power Steering). They don't have power steering fluid.

Think i will end up getting another wheel alignment to be safe. I am wondering though, how different would it be from getting a mechanic with the laser alignment machine or Essendon Honda to do it? what would they do different to charge the extra 300 bucks
    Oh yea forgot about that

They won't do anything different
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You need to reset your EPS unit. Instructions are on S2ki. I'll see if I can find them.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Here it is:
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8602...#entry20481218

If your car is pre-2002 you'll need to short the diag plugs differently. See the service manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Ok i tried disconnecting EPS all together and trying to drive that way and it seemed like it wasn't pulling to the left. I've then tried the reset process on the EPS and it seemed fine for the first min of driving but then started realising its still heaving to the right and veers off to the left. Must be an issue with the EPS system. or should i try the reset process one more time for good luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Here it is:
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8602...#entry20481218

If your car is pre-2002 you'll need to short the diag plugs differently. See the service manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    I'll get another alignment just to make sure anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Ok.

If you need a replacement EPS unit I have one spare.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Oh great! is there two components to it? I know there's the Gold looking module box. anything else involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Ok.

If you need a replacement EPS unit I have one spare.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I guess there is the torque sensor on the steering rack. I have a spare steering rack too but no idea of the condition.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    I am sure they wouldn't charge that much for just normal wheel alignment.