Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    glad you found it usefull

"CYL # 1 is TDC ( top dead center ) red section, you can grab the top of the tappet and lift up/down to confirm, it should move up/down slightly. "

I was under the impression that the adjustments need to be done on the compression stroke not the exhaust stroke ( where the lifters are rocking)

someone confirm this?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    adjustment cannot be done when the valves are rocking

.. fair enough, you yourself said that you should be able to grab the tappets and they will lift a little bit - meaning they are rocking?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    that does not mean its rocking

if you can lift the tappets a little bit on cylinder #1 then cyl #4 is rocking

rocking means the inlet and exhaust valves are rocking between the exhaust / intake stroke.

it has nothing to do with the slack in the tappet

yep fair enough, thats what I was asking , because the only stroke on where the valves should be rocking would be the exhaust stroke, none the less, all you need to look out for is for the rocker arm to be at the bottom of the lobe before adjustment, cant go wrong

PS : making the adjustment should be done on the compression stroke which you have indicated in the diy

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I done this a couple of days ago.It was real easy and the car is running AWESOME!

Thanks for the write up matey. Did it this morning. Just giving it some time to cure. I didn't exactly follow your guide as there was the CRX Workshop Manual from CRXUK, which I followed. Compared yours to the manual and it's literally identical. Started the car for <1min and it did sound a LOT more quiet. Not sure if the adjustments have been done on my car before lol. Appreciate your effort.
    MY DIYs
    1 |2|3

Car:
    twin GX160's
    good work

no need to let it cure,

put the rocker cover back on ( with honda bond on the corners of the seal ) and fire her up.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Bump! 4 a Great DIY that everyone should learn to do,it makes a big difference to the performance of your car.And it really is easy to do.
    I will be tracking in a few days so I will be doing this again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    is it necessary to replace the gaskets for the cam cover and spark plugs? my car is at 222,000km and these gaskets were last changed at 199,000kms.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]