Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass

Question APEXI POWER FC - Knock / Detonation Issue - How to tune fix? **CLOSED**

Hi Folks,

Engine: B16A2
    ECU: Apexi PFC
    Map: B16B (preloaded)
    Injectors: OEM
    Ignition: OEM
    Fuel: Vortex98ron
    Fuel Pressure: 43psi (thanks to the SARD FPR).
    Current Mods: I/H/E/FPR

Future: DW 500cc Injectors/snail/walhbros

After completing the 30min idle self learn according to the apexi manual.
    -car idles smoothly at 850rpm
    -car starts without any CEL codes

PROBLEM
    Once i start revving above 3500rpm on neutral (slow rev)
    - Knock levels goes past 50
    - Throws a CEL code @ 0.1secs flashes 3 times (so then i release the pedal)

Then i try a hard rev once it passes 3500rpm on neutral
    - Knock levels passes 50 again
    - Throws a CEL code @ 0.1secs flashes 3 times and keeps flashing until the rpm drops back below 3500rpm.

On idle the Ignition timing shows 14 to 16 on the commander (gradually increases as the revs goes up).

All current injector duty cycles shows 100% with 0.00ms latency for all 4 OEM injectors.

Ok so its obvious that its detonating/knocking - are there anyways to drop the IGN or INJ settings in the commander?

NB: The IGN/INJ settings on the commander - is a temp only solution which allows you to ghost the timing/injector on all map curves - Advance or Retard. But once the engine is switched off it looses the memory as its only ghosting.

is there any settings/data values i could try to set on the commander prior to driving the car safely to a tuner without the engine knocking/detonating?

I dont believe that any adjustments or alterations has been done to the dizzy / crank angle timing. So this should be OEM stock settings.

Cant tow the car as its going to cost me a fair amount of $$$, so in the interim, i need to sort out what is causing the detonation.

NB: I dont have access to the OEM P2T ecu no more, or a timing gun, so this is method is ruled out.

***Ill try and take a picture of a 8channel monitor view of what the commander is monitoring real time"***

Any help would be great!

Thanks to Adrian for helping me out with the injector values.
    Last edited by IV73CI; 11-01-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: went different path
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......