Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Noob here and noob questions......

Hi everyone,

It will be my first post and I'm happy to join the Honda fans group. Actually I'm always a RWD Nissan or Toyota turbo fans. But since last week I set in my mate's 1989 civic sir with b16 vti-r engine and close ratio transmission for a "bloodcurdling"downhill racing, I started to realize this was something I was looking for a while, small, quick, fast turn, economic, practical, and most import: wont get too much attention from cops!!!

So here I am now, trying to know more abt Honda and its VTEC, and here seems like the right place to come.

Also, question time now: I'm thinking to get a Integra type r these days, and just wanna know, DC2 R to DC5 R? I was told the DC2 is basically same as JDM DC2 apart from exhaust, but DC5(which is much better looking and more power) cant compare with JDM DC5 at all as it missing lots of goodies...

So, which one is better for me ( a totally VTEC noob...) to start my Honda life?

Cheers
    Andy

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    The DC2R has many things over the DC2 VTi-R. Most of the engine internals are different, not to mention different gear ratios and LSD. I actually have a DC2 VTi-R myself and one day I'd love to get a JDM front-end conversion (not the bug-eye headlights) and a K-Swap (DC5R engine and gearbox). I really like the low-down and sleek design on the DC2. There's something to think about :P

welcome abourd!

i wasnt quite sure of what to make of your question. are you wanting to know which model is better? dc2r or dc5r?

Cassandra.
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Test drive both. When I did it the dc2r had more of a racing feeling to it compared to the dc5r.
    I've been told the dc5r in aus is pretty much a dc5s in jap. Not too sure about that though.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by ej8 View Post
    Test drive both. When I did it the dc2r had more of a racing feeling to it compared to the dc5r.
    I've been told the dc5r in aus is pretty much a dc5s in jap. Not too sure about that though.
    There are too many DC2R's nowadays ...and the DC5R's catching up.

The JDM DC5R has a lil bit more powa than the AUDM DC5R ..

Why dont u get the JDM LS Integra SIR with the B16A to start with since your all new with honda's.

they are lighter than the DC2R/DC5R but not as sexy,

good starting & learning point, cheaper, and can be adapted to have DC2R/DC5R engine conversions :P

just really depends on what your really after .... Power vs Looks = Chicks - Money = Poor a$$ bank account ... LOL
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    Technical info between DC2R & DC5R

DC5 Integra Type R
    Engine: K20A 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC 147kW@7400RPM, 192N.m@6000rpm
    Specific: CR 11:1, Cutou@7900rpm
    Drivetrain: 6 Speed close ratio, 4.764 FD, Helical LSD(same as JDM)
    Weight: 1160Kg
    Brakes(F/R): Ventilated Disks 300mm Disks, large single piston calipers/Disks. ABS
    Suspension(F/R): Macpherson Strut/Double Wishbone.
    Handling: Rear sway bar (19 mm), front Sway bar (23 mm), front upper strut brace
    Standard features: Airbags, Power windows/steering/mirrors, Recaro buckets seats, Momo leather steering wheel, Aluminium shifter.
    Additional: Bridegstone RE030 205/55/16, Enkei alloy wheels (16x6.5), JDM bodykit/chassis

DC2 Integra Type R
    Engine: B18C7 1.8L DOHC VTEC 141kW@7,900RPM
    Specific: CR 11:1, Cutout@8,500rpm.
    Drivetrain: 5 Speed close ratio, Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
    Weight: 1087Kg
    Brakes(F/R): Ventilated Disks xx mm / Disks. ABS
    Suspension(F/R): Double wishbone/Double wishbone.
    Handling: Rear sway bar (22mm), front Sway bar (24mm), front upper strut brace, rear tower brace.
    Standard features: Airbags, Power windows/steering/mirrors, Recaro buckets seats, Momo leather steering wheel, titanium shifter.
    Additional Info: VTEC engagement@5700rpm

sauce: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ed-info-needed

The difference between JDM & AUDM DC5Rs:

- More Power JDM 160kw/200nm AUDM 147kw/192nm
    - JDM 17" rims (10 spoke)
    - Brembos!
    - Cluster limited to 180kmph
    - Intake mainfold
    - Lighter flywheel
    - Less restrictive exhaust system
    - Higher compression ratio
    - Different cams
    - Thicker sway bars 22mm vs 18mm
    - OEM HID headlights

The main difference between the AUDM & JDM DC2R:

- More Power 141kw 178nm /149kw 182nm
    - Cast iron 4-2-1 header vs Stainless Steel 4-1 header for the jdm
    - Aesthetic difference being the different fronts, 16" rims for the jdm

To answer your question on which is for you would be down to a personal choice and also the money you are willing to spend.
    Everyone is going to have their own opinion about which car is better but the best advice is to drive both cars and see which you prefer.

But it sounds like you are set on a DC5R anyways

Good Luck with it

oh and

..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Welcome abourd Ozhonda man.

There is this thread, will answer most of your questions...

check it out here

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    oops forgot to post this link also

some topics which cover Integra specific FAQ

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...formation*****

and welcome abourd again!

..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

ohh, forgot this thread too.

here

Haha, thx guys!!! The input from u guys will be very helpful!

So far from my little research, DC2R feels more like a driver's car! But is the noise really a problem for daily using? (Cant image how bad it could be... maybe compared to S15 or R34 with a cat back??? )

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr0wbar View Post
    The DC2R has many things over the DC2 VTi-R. Most of the engine internals are different, not to mention different gear ratios and LSD. I actually have a DC2 VTi-R myself and one day I'd love to get a JDM front-end conversion (not the bug-eye headlights) and a K-Swap (DC5R engine and gearbox). I really like the low-down and sleek design on the DC2. There's something to think about :P
    He isn't talking about the Vti-R at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    He isn't talking about the Vti-R at all.
    Atleast hes trying to be helpful rather than just trolling. Dont be mad @ Cr0wbar because he has vtec in his integra... oh wait i forgot you dont care what you got in your honda because you're just here to troll like a little indie faggot.

back on topic.

AUDM DC2R has a different engine from the JDM DC2R.
    You're right about DC5R having more power but that doesn't mean it is faster than the DC2R.
    Last edited by SuperJDM.; 15-11-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+