Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX

Injen CAI Install for CL9 Accord Euro

Hi there guys and girls, this is my first time to do a DIY on this forum.
    2 months ago I installed my Injen Air Intake System (CAI) and took photo's from my Iphone of every step and detailed pics (Sorry if picture quality is not as good). So hope this Install may help those who are planing on buying and installing a Injen CAI Kit on the Accord Euro CL9. Here goes...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Details: Removal of Stock Air intake system & Installing Aftermarket "Injen" Intake System. If you bought the Specific Model Kit, it will have installation instructions included for this specific car but does not show you how to remove bumper and stock intake. So I'll try and show you. Plenty of pictures are provided for more detailed instructions.

Suitable For: 2003-2007 Honda Accord Euro CL9 Models (This was installed on a 2004 model)

Tools & Equipment: Spanner/Ratchet (Size 8-10-12-14), Screw Drivers (Flat & Phillips), Pliers. Optional: Cordless/Corded Drill & Hammer.

Step By Step Process Includes: Removal of Front Bumper, Removal of Battery, Removal of factory intake system and installing aftermarket system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Removal of Front bumper: I found that Jacking up the front end of the car would make removal of bumper easier. And Optional: Removal of Front two wheels.
    (Reason for Bumper removal is so that you can access an air box witch is located under the battery and behind the bumper).

Start buy getting under the car and locate the bolts which are holding and connected to the under-body cover/diffuser. Only remove the bolts/screws that hold the bar not the diffuser cover bolts.

Now unscrew and remove screws in both wheel arches, you will need to turn your wheel one way which makes it easier to access if you have your wheels still on.

And now remove plastic push clips from the black cover above the headlights and grill. There are about 13 Clips to remove. Remove them by using a small flat head, inserting them through the flat openings of the clips. Slowly wedge it around untill it pops up and off. If its the first time removing it, you may find that some of those clips will snap and may not be useful anymore and will need to be replaced later. Note: Front Grill does not need to be removed off the bumper, leave it as is.

After all bolts, screws, plastic clips & cover are removed, now the tricky part, you will need to start at one of the ends of the bumper and just slowly lift and pull (& wiggle) the bar untill its lose, do that on the other end and the front area.

Note: There will be a few connected wires on the bumper that will need to be disconnected upon removing the bumper. (Optional on some models) 2x Fog Light Connections and 2x Headlight Washer Connection.

Step 2: After removal of front bumper you will need to Disconnect and remove the battery (or you can move it to the side like i did). Anyway, now we start on removing the intake piping and its connected connections.

Remove the connections circled in pics below.
    By using Pliers. Clamp & Slide out the metal hose clamps and remove hose.

Loosen Hose Clamp on the Air Filter Box Connection Side and on the Throttle Body Side and remove Air Hose. Below.

Disconnect and remove the following hoses/parts as seen in pics below.

Disconnect the parts to make them separate items as seen in pic below.

Step 2: Remove Air Filter Box & its Connected Hoses.
    Start by unscrewing 3 or 4 bolts that is holding the box down. Sorry I don't really have pics of those other bolts that are needed to be removed.

After Removing the the screws, wiggle the box off the bottom Hose that's connected to it. See Pic Below.

Box Removed (Pics Below)

More.....SCROLL DOWN.......
    Last edited by gexter101; 24-01-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Step 3: Removal of Bottom air box (sorry don't know what its proper name).
    Start off by removing 3 screws. Pics Below.

After removing bolts, this is the tricky part, you will need to wiggle the whole box, untill box drops/comes off. I had to wiggle it around hard and twist and turn. Pics below of the unit that needs to be removed.

More..... SCROLL DOWN...........

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Step 4: Is the First Step in installing Injen System.
    First of all you need to install the short Black Rubber Elbow pipe to the Throttle Body.
    Remember to add the Hose Clamps as you go. Pics below.

Now the other Pipe with the Sticker & Label on it. Before you install this 2nd Pipe, you will need to install the Small anti-vibe rubber to the Battery Bracket. (Rubber is 1 of 2 that will be installed) Pics Below.

After installing the pipe in and over the rubber. Remember to fix the Nut to the anti-vibe rubber. You will need to install the Rubber Hose as shown in the pic below.

Now you need to now place the Rubber Plug for the Sensor as shown in the pics below.

Now insert and place the Sensor in the rubber hole then plug the wire connection in as shown in pics below.

After that you will now install the supplied small pipe piece inserting it into the breather hose as seen in pics below.

and now the other bit. As seen in pics below.

More......SCROLL DOWN...........

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Step 5: Now the final pipe to fit in. First you need to add the Silicone Joinery to the previous pipe installed as shown in pics below.

But before you install the last pipe you need to install the supplied 2nd Anti-Vibe Rubber. See pics below.

Now you can fit the last pipe in. Firstly insert the pipe in the hole before inserting into the Silicone Joinery. Remember to fix the nut to the anti-vibe Rubber Pics below.

Step 6: Final Step to the CAI! Adding the Filter Pod.

(I've added a little extra with a spare sheet metal I had laying around and made a whether shield to go over the filter) Shown below.

Step 7: Last Step is to re-install the bumper and that's done!
    Enjoy The Ride!!

Hope this has helped in any way for installation of the Kit. Sorry I have forgotten to add some colored markings on some pics at the start. Also sorry again if the details given was not as specific as it could be. Anyways Enjoy your INJEN on your CL9.
    Last edited by gexter101; 24-01-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    And this is how it all looks in the End.

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    well done! what a detailed write up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Euro Lux
    nice DIY seems really detailed. I got a question though, you said the system is suitable between '03 - '06 models. Mines 2007. Would I need to buy a specific injen cai to fit my car?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by maikools View Post
    nice DIY seems really detailed. I got a question though, you said the system is suitable between '03 - '06 models. Mines 2007. Would I need to buy a specific injen cai to fit my car?
    It'll fit. The 2007 CL9 is the same as the 2006 model.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Never thought how much more complicated the CL9 would be in a CAI ahah. Nice write up 1

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    well done! what a detailed write up
    Thanks mate, it took ages to write up but it's all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by maikools View Post
    Thanks mate, yes it will fit as to what aaronng mention, which I forgot to add is it will fit 2003-2007 CL9's. (Will edit first post)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It'll fit. The 2007 CL9 is the same as the 2006 model.
    Cheers aaronng

Quote Originally Posted by MIKO_OL View Post
    Never thought how much more complicated the CL9 would be in a CAI ahah. Nice write up 1
    Thanks mate, yeah it was a little tricky

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Repped!
    I have just purchased one and will be installing it in a week or two when it arrives from the states.
    Thanks for the DIY, this will come in handy when im installing mine in the 07'

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Damn, nice write up!
    Will definitely keep this bookmarked!