Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Go for it man, works out the same as dc2r setup.... keen on the results on an ek...... i was under the impression u needed bigger rotors to run it? or is it fine to run smaller rotors than that of the rx7?
    I am getting it done. Next week the workshop should be finish the kits and by the end of February it should be on my car. Can't wait to test it out.

It is Rx7 Fc calipers, oem rotor only 277mm. 282mm rotor no problem at all. I see a tune shop mod the Fc calipers to fit a lot bigger rotor, see this link. http://roninspeedworks.squarespace.c...le-big-brakes/

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by 1590cc View Post
    Another 4 piston choice maybe Skyline.. just a thought

http://www.ek9.org/forum/brakes/1712...2-r33-ek9.html

Great link, show me weight of the brakes and the different between stock ek9/dc2r caliper weight (5.3kg) to spoon caliper (2.4kg) upgrade kit 282mm disc
    which is saving weight of almost 2.5kg
    You will feel that different which like wheels, Cast iron OEM are big heavy 18s(spec style LOL) to alloy Spoon's light weight 15s or 16s but they come at a high cost to have that weight saving

Going R32 GTS T front brakes look like good option too but need 16s or 17s rims but still have smaller pad area over Dc2r/ek9 brake pad but more pad force
    And the R33 again is even better with bigger disc

light weight front brakes i'll go spoon but for performance and low buget go i'll go r32 or r33 but will need 16" rims more cost

And at the end of the day you will choose the best option you think is best for you

Pat
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Quote Originally Posted by pat88c View Post
    Great link, show me weight of the brakes and the different between stock ek9/dc2r caliper weight (5.3kg) to spoon caliper (2.4kg) upgrade kit 282mm disc
    which is saving weight of almost 2.5kg
    You will feel that different which like wheels, Cast iron OEM are big heavy 18s(spec style LOL) to alloy Spoon's light weight 15s or 16s but they come at a high cost to have that weight saving

Going R32 GTS T front brakes look like good option too but need 16s or 17s rims but still have smaller pad area over Dc2r/ek9 brake pad but more pad force
    And the R33 again is even better with bigger disc

light weight front brakes i'll go spoon but for performance and low buget go i'll go r32 or r33 but will need 16" rims more cost

And at the end of the day you will choose the best option you think is best for you

Pat
    Yes, it is a good choose if you got 16" or 17" wheels. For me, I don't want to spend $ for another set of the wheel that why I go for Rx7 calipers.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Somebody needs to post up that picture of all the sheep that represents the Honda community. People here are so set in their ways and all mod their cars exactly the same. You gotta give props to people who think outside the box and look into custom fab work. No wonder Hondas have no respect in the modified car world these days.

I finally fitted my Rx7 fc calipers to my civic ek. Great stopping power "may be little bit too quick" The car doesn't have ABS. I was driving on the rain when I pick up my car first time, It was bit scary. I was lock my brake up 2 times, thank for the idiot driver on the road, they suddenly slow down their cars. I'm getting use to it now . Overall I am happy. Someone in here said Skyline calipers is better, I don't think I want anything better.

ps Without ABS system, big increase stopping power can be scary. Unless you know how to handle it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    any pics of how they are mounted???

Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    any pics of how they are mounted???
    No, It is customer bracket make by BHSS in Brisbane.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    No, It is customer bracket make by BHSS in Brisbane.
    can u take a wheel off and show us how they look and wat sort of bracket was made...

i dont want to copy, im just curious...

Yes, I will can some photo up when I got time. I don't think it is easy to copy it, beside you need low offset wheels to fit this kits.