Thread: Cai

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 2004 Euro

Cai

Hi guys.. I have Injen CAI installed (DYI style) and have a slight issue with the filter being at the bottom and seeing Sydney's weather lately I don't want the car to be hydrolocked when I go over water or when it rains. I have cut the plastic bit where the fog lights would sit so more air can go in. What can I do to stop water hitting thr filter? Should I box it or cover the front where the filter sits with a metal sheet? Any ideas.. over not driving the car when its raining..

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Solution 1: convert your CAI to a SRI (not Sure if injen allows this)
    Solution 2: buy injen hydroshield
    Solution 3: get a bypass valve
    Solution 4: put OEM back in

And finally...
    solution 5: uninstall injen, sell injen, slap yourself for getting the wrong intake for the climate, buy comptech icebox, install, drive in the rain
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Be a man i drove in rain where i couldn't see two feet infront of me not a problem in the world.

It's only when submerged you should worry

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Either convert it to SRI (which you can with Injen) or don't drive through puddles.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I reckon bypass valve is the best way to go, it doesn't cost that much and gives you that peace of mind, that and marquee's comment of course

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Be a man i drove in rain where i couldn't see two feet infront of me not a problem in the world.

Spot on, im the same. Water has to go thru filter, very unlikely, and than travel UP through the intake. I highly doubt that it will ever happen unless you go thru submerged water, which would be silly no matter what filter you have!
    What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Solution 1: convert your CAI to a SRI (not Sure if injen allows this)
    Solution 2: buy injen hydroshield
    Solution 3: get a bypass valve
    Solution 4: put OEM back in

And finally...
    solution 5: uninstall injen, sell injen, slap yourself for getting the wrong intake for the climate, buy comptech icebox, install, drive in the rain
    LOL NO YOU SLAP YOURSELF FOR BEING JEALOUS OF US INJEN PEOPLE
    Seriously don't worry about hydrolocking...
    I drove through puddles and flooded areas (only like 1 inch or two inches deep) with no problem.
    Just don't step on the pedal too hard and if your about to run into a massive puddle let go of the throttle and let it cruise through it and only once after has it gone through the puddle you start accelerating again (slowly though).
    And yes you can always convert it to SRI as in the Injen Intake is a SRI/CAI swappable.
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post

TRUE THAT!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Might also help a little if you cover up or replace the fog light cover that u opened with no holes as that hole would direct the water to the filter

I've put a small sheet metal shield over mine just as an added protection (that's just me).
    I have driven in the Sydney Heavy Rains and have had no problems.
    Like they said just be aware of flooded area's and deep potholes etc.

Here's a sample pic below of my sheet metal shield i added (Taken from my Injen CAI DIY - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...L9-Accord-Euro)