Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK

DIY Brake lights stay on (PICS)

So the problem is this....
    You park your car, you get out of the car, you walk to the back of the car and relies your tail lights are on WTF.
    You think you've left lights on but they aren't. you can pull the light fuses out they will still stay on.
    Why is this??

I found some info on this but i thought i would post this on Oz Honda
    There are a few different ways to fix the problem. Ill show what did and post a link from where i got my info.
    I have borrowed some pics and have taken my own.

Follow the brake pedal

Here's the problem
    The lil rubber stopper brakes and then the brake light switch becomes shorter and can't turn the brake lights off. The switch hits the pad and that turns the lights off.

There are a few way to fix it.

1) You can buy a new rubber Stopper (part number 46505-SA5-000).
    I did find some on ebay for $6.99 plus postage. All you need to do is push it in the hole then the pin hits the pad and turns the lights of.

2) What i did is this. With the rubber not being there the switch can't push the pin in, so it cant turn the lights off. So i put a 8mm nut on the pin. the pin slips in a lil and holds the nut on and in place. With a lil glue it can not fall off. quick easy fix. if using the glue it may pay to put a lil paper between the nut and where the nut hits while the glue drys

3) I read some people have used coins to cover the hole (where the rubber stops goes). This will make the pin hit something to turn the lights off. Im not to sure if the pin will reach so might need to double the coins up.

Either way the problem is easy to fix

Ask or PM me for any help

Hope Ive helped

link for where i got the info from

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2254546
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    eric the car guy made a vid on this also

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    another easy way is to find a bolt/screw and a few washers with nut and put bolt/screw through the brake pedel hole and screw nut onto other side, obviously using nuts to make it all fit fine. Probably most secure for 100 years to come sorta way
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

i had this problem too with my old civic. make sure you use something taht is not too big. at first i used something large not knowing. when i drove the car seemed very powerless and burning smell ; obviously the brakes were engaged LOL so i took that out and use a small strong plastic card i.e. sim card other than that fixed the problem

I got that little butt plug brand new in honda wrapping for $2 from the wreckers.

why bother?