Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheels question

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99

Wheels question

I got a honda integra vtir 99, and I think its time to get some new rims and wheels + lower to give it a good look. I was if any of these rims would be okay to fit into the teg without any scrapping or anything. I've already rolled my guards so hopefully that helps.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rota-Slip...item1e67f76323

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rota-Grid...item231673bb74

I really like those rota grids would love them on my car

Also with 16" wheels is it probably recommended to just lower 2" at most with original shocks?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Slipstreams will fit but I'm now sure about the Grid, the latter may require some thin tyres (stretched a little) and some camber.

2" drop is fine on stock shocks. More than that and it'll start to get harsher and harsher on the oem shocks, but they'll still last a while. 2" isn't much of a drop and since you've rolled your guards already you may as well drop it more.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    Thanks for the reply mate. ok the slip streams should look good on my blue honda integra , I dont think i want to bother with cambers etc. lower it more? how much more do you recon would be nice? and if the shocks go I can always get brand new ones. Also not sure if I want 15's sounds a bit too small what size is got on a teg 16 inches?
    Last edited by ekvtir90; 01-03-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Pics of the tegg asap!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2screama View Post
    Pics of the tegg asap!
    I'll pm you with some photos of what it looks like now and when its done up i'll on this thread when its done

Found these as well but not sure if they come with tyres or not, 16" and polished lip hmm. size is 16x7 4x100 ET40 will that be okay?
    I can also pick what size tyres I want on it which size is good?
    http://www.rotaaustralia.com.au/rota...s_p1047583.htm

They even got the honda rims on this site if anyone was looking around for them
    http://www.rotaaustralia.com.au/rspec_c65201_65404.htm
    Last edited by ekvtir90; 01-03-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Lol alright done champ, how many ks on the car?
    any ideas on the suspension yet.. Coilovers?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    140k 99 model vtir. adriatic pearl blue colour similar to yours really.
    No idea on the suspension any suggestions? I want to figure out what size rims and tyres I need first, I want 16" but no ones replied to me with the right info yet so I'm not sure. I also did a search everywhere.

For suspension I'd be looking at the bc coilovers, there around $1000- $1300 brand new.
    You tracking the car?
    Integra blades are 15s, I had 17s on my Teg and didnt have any scrubbing issues but went back to the stock/sleeper look and slapped the blades back on, love em!
    Not the best when it comes to tyres but if your after the rotas def go for 16s

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    If I were to think of a place pedders seems like the most convenient for myself to go somewhere and get new coil overs, there sports ones don't look any different to any other brand.
    I wouldn't track it my cars pretty stocky really, no engine mods or anything.
    LOL my blades are just sitting in my garage for over a year or two now its been a while.

Yeah I think I'll go for those rotas 16" inch x 7. just weighing up if i should get one all black or the one thats polished around the lip?
    Last edited by ekvtir90; 01-03-2012 at 08:58 AM.

What did pedders charge for a set of coilovers?
    Lol I'm currently spraying the blades black, will go good with the blue
    I'd go without the polished lip my opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    Finally done my research ! looks like I'll be getting the slipstreams in just black 16 inch, with 205x45x16 federal ss tyres I'm not sure but I'll let you know when i get some quotes done.