Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    unplugging them proves nothing, your removing the source signal so ofcourse the static will stop.

What?
    with a lower preout voltage the signal could pick up interference over a longer RCA cable am i correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post

i think you mean rca's
    idealy both rca and speaker cable should be away from the power cable..

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by kristrifo View Post
    with a lower preout voltage the signal could pick up interference over a longer RCA cable am i correct?
    the lower the signal the more susceptible to interference but I've never seen/heard of that being the problem/solution, usually cable routing or grounding is the issue. lowest pre out I've seen/worked with was 2v and with a proper install there was no problem with interference.

Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    idealy both rca and speaker cable should be away from the power cable..
    Yes ideally that's how its installed but I know of many that have run the speaker wires with the power wire with no issues, also the factory routing for speaker wires is usually along side power wires for your door electrics ect, If you could explain how a power wire can cause audible interference to speaker wire I would be interested to hear it.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    ^maybe its a case to case basis, well i experienced that i have a whining sound when my amp power cable is very close to my rca/speaker wire...but when i re-route my power cable the whining sound was 100% gone...