Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I know what CB is saying. When someone says something like "amazing performance, a true sports car", I worry about just how much performance he's been squeezing out of it, especially when I see that it's had a "brand new Exedy heavy duty clutch" installed.
    If u look at it this way. A regularly vtecd engine is no less healthy than one that's never seen the other side of 4000rpm if both are maintained properly.

However one that's been launched at 5k rpm at every 2nd traffic light is a worry

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by avetec View Post
    Just curious, did you buy that DC2R recently? I swear your DP looks exactly like a type r I was going to look at LOL XD
    yeah i bought this one instead of the one thats dodgy it was in glenwood mature owner got it for a good price

Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    yeah i bought this one instead of the one thats dodgy it was in glenwood mature owner got it for a good price
    ahhhhhhh man im so jealous! I just got the a-o-k to go look interstate and noticed that type r had gone D; How's it holding up? Hope its worth the money if i can find one ><

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    uhmm picked it up for 11k listed for 13.5k got my dad to haggle him down lol 1 month rego and had 155xxxklms which is reasonable for age needed sump gasket replaced piss easy and 3 x drive belts full service brake fluid etc has a few dents but drives good just got tints redone alarm fixed came with a mugen intake and muffler
    Last edited by Denis; 04-11-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: made a typo cuz

wow niceeeeeeeeee! Hopefully I can get one for a good price, haven't had much luck these past few months.. =__="

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    what colour you looking to buy? maximum klms on it? stock?

Night Hawk Black, Or Milano Red (preferably the black one xD) Km's, no more than 150 to 160ish, depending on the maintenance and condition of the engine. In saying that, I don't want a low km car with horrible maintenance history.. Stock is preferable (cause gotta get through Regency back in Adelaide..) but minor mods like CAI for example is all good. Budget, depends on car nothing ridiculous of course lol That enough info? haha

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    blacks niceee but gets very dirty/dust shows more dents but doesnt red fade? i agree 150 ish max and if its well maintained then thats alright id rather one thats got more klms serviced then one with 80k old lady owner with sludge in the engine from driving to and from the shops 10mins each way lol

Agreed, but i dont mind cleaning it all off once its dirty (Y) Not quite sure, just thought the red look pretty nice.
    Yup, definitely agree with you on that point

I'll make one reply due to all the keyboard warriors and immature bs that's been thrown around

OP - you state it has been in a "major accident" which was not listed in my ad? You say these 2 words because you informed me that the inspector told you over the phone it was in a "major accident", the same inspector which told you that my exhaust was too big (even though its stock) and that my clutch was worn (even though it was replaced 2 years ago and does not slip).
    Mate, an inspector who states just the above 2, is enough for anyone to question his credibility as an assessor.
    Further, you said he based his assessment of "major accident" on the fact that the left side had been resprayed, again, this raises concerns about his credibility - just because a part is resprayed, it does not mean it has been in a "major accident"
    Does the report say there has been any part of the chassis which has been repaired / welded? That the radiator support had been replaced? These factors would constitute a "major accident"
    If the assessor told you there is, I'd still question it since he thinks a stock exhaust is "too big" and a fairly new clutch is "worn"
    You seem to try to discredit me in my ad description, yet if you read my ad carefully, I state the truth, that indeed the car is straight, chassis is untouched and unwelded from any accident repairs which constitute a major accident.
    Further, why don't you tell everyone if I was honest with you? Prior to your inspection, did I not inform you that the front end had been resprayed due to stone chips and that the left door had been repaired and resprayed due to a carpark reversal incident? I can screen shot it and post it up if you like ... I did not hide anything from you at all, I was upfront and honest with you from the start, further, I did not even take your deposit when you offered it to me (you know how much it was, and it was a substantial amount). I was fine with you having the inspection done and then finalizing a deal afterwards - does this sound like something a "dodgy" person trying to sell a "dodgy" car would do?

In regards to test drives in this thread - as most people have stated, if they were selling their car, they take the prospective buyer on a test drive. And in most circumstances, including myself, we push the car to show how it is.
    In my case, I let people inspect the car, if they are happy with the bodywork and interior, I will then take them for a spirited drive. Once that is complete, pending how serious they are, if they leave a deposit for the car, I tell them upfront, take the car for a drive, if you are unhappy with it, you can take back your deposit and that's that (provided you don't stuff the car up). The deposit is more or less a gauge for myself to see how serious someone is, and also in the event that something goes wrong during a test drive, then you cover yourself somewhat. If you think it's unreasonable or a joke, that's your opinion. But just think about the scenario where someone test drives your car and accidentally gutters your rims, or scratches your car, or damages it somehow somewhere, is it so unrealistic to have asked for a deposit prior?

In regards to the clutch having to be changed - it was changed because the 2 first owners of the car were both women. How well they drive manual is questionable, but my guess is since the clutch had to be changed at around 110,000km, they weren't soo great at driving manual.

Denis - show the forum where I stated to you that I wanted a 1k deposit? You definitely wont find it in our txts. I never said it person, nor did my brother. So it'll be a case of he said she said.
    Your comment of me not accepting less than 13k is to prove what exactly? That I want a certain amount for my car? Didn't realise that people selling their car were not entitled to a figure they want?
    Your comment regarding test drive - please refer above. But further, why don't you tell everyone if I took you for a test drive? If I tested the car to its limits to demonstrate to you how mechanically solid it is? How good the clutch is? How smooth the gearbox is?
    You state the radiator was leaking, even though I explained it was overflow from over filling up - further, the inspection organised by the OP did not state anything about leaking radiator ..
    Your comment on not meeting at my house has been explained by others in this thread
    It's nice to see how your comments are all negative, but why not shed light to everyone on any positives? Was I not honest with you from the start? I told you before you even came to inspect the car over the phone the condition of the body, which included the scuff marks and scratches .. yet you comment on here making it sound like I didn't prepare you for it? Like I hid the fact that the body had marks or like I implied the body was in great condition.. far from the truth and you and I both know it.
    Further, besides your observation of coolant overflow on the radiator (which has now been cleaned) and there are no signs of "leaking" coolant, why not comment on how the car was mechanically? Were there any gearbox or oil leaks? Was anything cleaned to show signs of hiding a leak? Did the gearbox crunch? Was the clutch slipping when I shifted into 4th up the top of the rev range? Hows the condition of the interior?
    Clearly you knew the mechanics of the car were great (you even told me), you said the interior was good for its age, you witnessed the full log book service history, I took you for a good test drive, you knew of the "dodgy" repairs, I showed you the body condition, and that is why you made me an offer of 12.5k wasn't it? If you'd like, I can screen shot our txts to show the forum that you had initially offered 12.5k, but then thought it was abit much.
    Why would you offer 12.5k if the car is portrayed by you in this post as not soo great?
    Congratulations on finding another one for 11k, I'm truely happy for you. But that doesn't take away the fact that you have unfairly judged and portrayed my car to everyone in this post.

avetec - again, nice portrayal of our encounter. You stated to me you were going to come up to sydney in the next few weeks for other type r's, and that you wanted to look at mine to keep your options open. That is completely understandable, but in your post, you failed to mention this .. you make it sound out like you were going to make a trip from SA to Sydney just for my car.
    Further, you initially told me over the phone an offer of 9k. In most circumstances, as people on this forum would understand or know, a dc2r owner would tell you to fcuk off or be rude to you.
    Why not tell everyone how I handled your phone call? Was I rude at all? Mate, I spent a good several minutes having a chat with you about type r's, and what you can expect to pay for them. Was I not nice and courteous to you?

What people are failing to understand or see is, its not all negative as everyone has portrayed my car or myself out to be. Anyone who calls or inquires about the car, I am honest, upfront and courteous with them from the get go. I tell them how the car is. I explain what previous repairs have been done to the car. This is in regards to the body. I don't lie about anything and I am as genuine as a seller gets.
    Interior wise and mechanically, it'll speak for itself when witnessed in person.

Most people on here are soo quick to judge, defame and slander without even understanding the whole story. Pretty disappointing, but such is life. Hence, I have removed the sale thread not because the car is "dodgy", but because of dealing with people as witnessed in this thread who offer unwarranted and judgmental slander.
    Last edited by jn86; 04-11-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    the other side of the coin
    inb4cashew nut
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    too much text