Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Loss of Power :( with A/C on

Hey guys, i just recently installed a Bc Condenser, i noticed that Only after installing the earthing kit that when i turn my air con on, my integra feels like it has no power at all (foot flat on gas in first will take 4 secs or so to get to 20kms) O_o but when the a/c is off the integra feels completely different. Any one have any ideas? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    All air cons create loss of power. And the smaller the engine the more noticable it is.

To your statement 0-20km takes 4 seconds flat on the gas. Is that in 1st gear?

Also id be checking the belts, also if its a aftermarket air con. you may be over loading the alternator!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Had the same problem on my d series but oem ac. Changed the ac belt during a full service and is now running like a dream.
    team grade A

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    it take me about 4 seconds to get to 20km/h in fifth gear from a stand still.
    does the grounding kit make the car perform better when AC is off?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You mean 1st?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    no in 1st gear it takes me abt 0.4 seconds

p.s.
    not literal

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    All air cons create loss of power. And the smaller the engine the more noticable it is.

To your statement 0-20km takes 4 seconds flat on the gas. Is that in 1st gear?

Also id be checking the belts, also if its a aftermarket air con. you may be over loading the alternator!
    "my integra feels like it has no power at all (foot flat on gas in first will take 4 secs or so to get to 20kms)"

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Lmao indies sig
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    "my integra feels like it has no power at all (foot flat on gas in first will take 4 secs or so to get to 20kms)"
    Gee sorry, misread. wont even bother trying to help!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    ok guys thanks for the help ~ i changed the a/c belt like some of you's advised. Now it is running fine, mechanic said the a/c tensioner was loose

Amm but you said you where in a high gear , you need to ring out 1st gear until at least 10-15km then go into 2nd gear.

A wise man on this forum once told me why i was getting bad economy i was under revving my EK

turn off a/c until you've taken off then fling it back on?