Thread: Dc4 b18b

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC4 GSi

Dc4 b18b

Hi, just wondering if my JDM B18B non-vtec in my DC4 is really worth modding? I/H/E ? will there be any gains?

Of course there will be gains if modded correctly.

B18B are good motors to turbo.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    95 dc4
    I've done the usual I/H/E on my 18B2, Keeps up with my friends turbo Nissan's in the hills without any hassle.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4
    They are good responsive engines and enjoyable to drive as you would know but tuning options are somewhat limited after the IHE has been done. Cams are an option but rare and exxy for this model b18 engine. Turbo is a big commitment and in reality if you eventually want a faster Integra sell up and get a type r. Otherwise just enjoy it. I still have mine as my daily.

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Of course there will be gains if modded correctly.

B18B are good motors to turbo.

^ This x1000

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Personally I would do the I/H/E. I'd almost do this to any Honda lol. Not just because it looks/sounds good, but the OEM intake/exhaust are usually always complete BS.

B18B is an underrated engine and goes very nicely with some basic bolt-on mods. The only real issue with the engine is the OEM GBox/gear ratios. If you want the car to go faster get yourself a shorter final drive. Message stndrd here on OzHonda, I'm pretty sure he can help you out either way. But yeah, I/H/E and a shorter final drive is my bet.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    They're absolutely worth modding. No less than an sr20de or equiv. If its within your budget have a look at some turbo kits. Small 18g OEM evo turbo with drag radials should be enough to push into low 12's @ 112-115mph which is no slouch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Acura GSR
    My sister is building her DC4 lol, b18bs do go hard!
    Wi-Fi Hotspot= Me gusta
    Password lock= Me not gusta!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Boooooost!

B18B is a great platform for forced induction!!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Depends on what you want out of the car and how much you're willing to spend. I wouldn't be expecting any major performance enhancement from I/H/E, the car will feel a little more responsive than before and it will sound really naice and will be good for daily driving. I'd only suggest the turbo route if you are really committed to the car and want to turn it into a bit of a beast.
    My 2cents anyway