Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    so what happens when you crash and they don't pay out? its like paying $800 a year for nothing

its not hard to prove your 60 year old dad is not the daily driver of a souped up dc2r
    speak to these guys

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Actually, speaking about insurance, my renewal just arrived.

My premium has increased and my agreed value has dropped by an unbelieable $6000. WTF!
    have you tried shannons?

Quote Originally Posted by teee94 View Post
    What car do you own ? :S
    lol
    frontpage m8 http://www.ozhonda.com/
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    so what happens when you crash and they don't pay out? its like paying $800 a year for nothing

its not hard to prove your 60 year old dad is not the daily driver of a souped up dc2r
    And how is that so....

thanx for your input guys, i know that feel of living of scraps, when i didnt know absolutely anything about cars and bought a sss pulsar, it was just hard to maintain and enjoy. its always on my mind if i should buy a car or wait till i leave uni, but being at uni part time isnt an option, and i wont be finished uni till 3 years or so and i really need this upgrade, im not buying it to make my friends envy me, i am a type r fan, the plan initially was to buy it and sell itin a year and a half on my full license to buy an s15 or evo, but that plan now changed to keeping the type r until the end of uni.. and working 2-3 nights a week earning 400 ( which you snared) isnt a problem, its actually excellent.. but thank you anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by RA73DR View Post
    thanx for your input guys, i know that feel of living of scraps, when i didnt know absolutely anything about cars and bought a sss pulsar, it was just hard to maintain and enjoy. its always on my mind if i should buy a car or wait till i leave uni, but being at uni part time isnt an option, and i wont be finished uni till 3 years or so and i really need this upgrade, im not buying it to make my friends envy me, i am a type r fan, the plan initially was to buy it and sell itin a year and a half on my full license to buy an s15 or evo, but that plan now changed to keeping the type r until the end of uni.. and working 2-3 nights a week earning 400 ( which you snared) isnt a problem, its actually excellent.. but thank you anyway
    lol that was my original plan.. to keep for a yr and sell to buy an s15 or evo.. but im not buying another sports car till i have full time employment..

I manage to run my car and have spare cash on $450 a week.. but i work weekends only so i dont go out

ballin
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Gotta learn to just budget your money correctly. I earn close to that amount working part time and going uni full time, i drive 500kms a week and have enough funds to mod and maintain the dc5r. All about dat budget m8

vtec_yoo, thats my plan too, to wait till full time employment until upgrade from type r LOL. fh93 and vtec_yoo, how much do you see yourself spending on your car weekly for the requirements, not including mods..

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by RA73DR View Post
    vtec_yoo, thats my plan too, to wait till full time employment until upgrade from type r LOL. fh93 and vtec_yoo, how much do you see yourself spending on your car weekly for the requirements, not including mods..
    Requirements are probably only petrol and insurance so weekly just under $100. Then add in whatever your service will cost you.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    +1 planned of moving onto evos but didn't happen lol

As for my experience with my car, the maintenance cost has been very low. Frequent maintenance included oil and filter change every 5k, spark plugs every 10k or so and some parts wearing out (brake pads, rotors etc) which are not that expensive.
    BUT this is given that I replace old parts before they break down on me with spare cash I have.. It really is very affordable to maintain even as a full time uni student (for dc2r at least)

s15 number one car on the planet, mate

Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    s15 number one car on the planet, mate
    way to common, i see about 3 in my 17km drive to work every day.
    EG