Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i View Post
What are these rigid collar things like? It's new to me lol
Rigid Collar will tie together the subframe to the chassis without any further movement and in perfect alignment. This allows your Suspension and steering components to function without any detriment from movement in the subframe. It reduces vibration and shock from transferring to the chassis by allowing the bushes and suspension to do their job as the subframe is now rigidly linked to the chassis. If you have aftermarket bushings this will be even better however the spec and settings of your suspension effect the 'harshness' of your ride but if your shocks are in good condition, there should be less jolting feeling. Rigid Collar will only affect suspension and steering feel, your hard engine mounts are completely separate and the only thing you can do there is change to the softer compound mounts - this is common with Hardrace engine mounts used on street cars, Hard mounts sound like a great idea but only when installed and driven does the actual increase of harshness of engine vibration become apparent, there are street-spec Hardrace Kits I understand. Rigid Collar will even assist on brand new stock cars as the factory tolerances on subframe alignment and mounting points are quite large.