Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si

My Baby EG5 Civic

Current aim of this build: To restore the much needed 20+ year old hatchie. Install all the goodies that I have hoarded.

Aiming to transfer this red rocket into essentially an EG 'Type R' and beyond (basically all the goodies of a DC2R), cute little street-able 4 banger, setup to able to perform out-fkn-standing on the track and drag.

EG5 = Top of line AUDM's EG.

EG6 = Japan's top of line EG Civic, more like a 'type s'.

Honda Type R models are special performance editions of their respective model families.

The design of Type R models was originally focused on race conditions, with an emphasis on minimizing weight, and maximizing performance potential (e.g. engine tuning, suspension set-up). Thus, Type R models were first conceived for racetracks. However, due to Honda's increased focus on their highly regarded VTEC engines, Type R vehicles were eventually designed for a much wider market.
    (Wiki - Honda Type R - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Type_R)

-------------------------------------------------

How my EG is at, as of now:

Hey Ozhonda guys and the few gurls,

this is my first introduction. My nickname is '3K9', or you peeps can call me 3K or KKK. I'm not racist, my initials just happens to be Kelvin K***** K***. I am Chinese, I was born in the year of the Dog, so that's where the 9 comes from. Also co-incidentally the pronunciation, K9. Might as well make my nickname somewhat meaningful. Hence, 3K9. Yo dawg, meaning within meaning within meaning, yo!

So about two years ago, I started looking for my first car. Working at HJ back then, in Year 11, my budget was only $3500 - $4K. I wanted a japanese car, and Hondas caught my interest. Was looking at EKs, but back two years ago, they were $4, 5K+, just out of my budget. So next was the EG Civic, looking at pictures, I instantly fell in love with them! Man, their curves are so sexy! The price was right, I knew I had to own one, either the Si or the VTi model!

And so I found a red Si '93 model for the right price. I didn't even have my Ls back then (blame my Mum), had to ask my mates to come with me to pick up the car. From the Inner West area, we went all the way to Minto to view the car.
    The car was at 20*,***kms, came with gunmetal Rota Grids, immoboliser, M3 Style side mirrors, fog lights, stock intake arm with a dirty pod filter, some sort of muffler, blown Sony rear speakers, no front speakers. TWO sets of coilovers; Buddyclub Racing Specs at the front, and Teins (dunno the model) at the back. Wth? O.o Is that Ok?
    Passenger side window untinted while the rest of the windows are tinted! Yes, that leads to that the Civic was broken into. Found some shattered glass underneath the seat a few days later. There are random screwdriver marks here and there. Some interior pieces are missing. No service history at all.
    The previous owner said he only had it for only a month. Never the less, I still bought the car. Left the Civic on the street and then at the Mechanics for 1year and 10months. I'm sorry Civic!

Pics from the previous owner. Sorry for such small pics. Can't find the larger ones.
    Apparently the Civic was repainted. Cheap shit paint job I tell you. But the roof was faded a fair bit.

My first mod! Got a carbon fibre penis whale intake from PasswordJDM + velocity stack. Took exactly a week to arrive from the U.S. Love the low rumble.

Parked the Civic infront of my mates place. About 1.5 years ago, somebody reversed into my car. Dunno who did it. No note was left. Some hinges of the headlights and corner lights are broken, the bonnet was fked, and the right foglight cover. Cracked the paint in the front bumper. The corners are held on with cable ties. I got a carbon vinyl wrapped bonnet off a member here, who got it off another member on here.

Luckily, my mate's Dad was a panel beater for 15 years. I owe him big time.

I just rego'd my car last week. Had to changed to the stock airbox to pass blueslip.
    Last edited by 3K9; 13-01-2017 at 11:57 PM.
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9