Dear Ozhonda community,

After years and years of contemplating what Honda I should invest in I've come to a brick wall in my decisions.

Currently own 2 cars (Toyota Chaser JZX100 MT and Diahatsu charade)

Original decision was to buy an EM1 years ago and boost it but that idea soon died out as soon as I realised turbocharging Honda's kills their heart and soul. An NA Honda is what they're all about.... Response and handling.

After deciding the boosted EM1 was a bad idea I was contemplating the NA route with a K swap. Either EM1 or DC2 type R are my current idea's. A few months ago I was intending to head to NZ to buy an FD2 type R but I cannot seem to find anyone willing to move there with me for a year to qualify for the personal import scheme.

So now I'm stuck in the predicament of purchasing either an EM1 or DC2R which would both receive a JDM K20A swap. Another thought which has recently came across as a good idea was to buy an FD2 civic and do the type R conversion. (motor, interior and exterior)

My question is which model out of all the Civic FD's would be the most suitable and straight forwards for the type R conversion, What differences are there in the chassis of an FD civic (vti,sport,vti-l ect) sold here as opposed to the FD2 type R civic. (ie more rigid chassis, different suspension setup mcpherson strut/double wishbone ect), Will the engine bolt in to the existing engine mount supports when the time comes for the K20A to be put into it, What parts are needed for this conversion mechanically wise. Any other information I've left out which you may feel the need to answer please feel free too.

Cannot seem to find any FD2 Type R civic K20A motors around anywhere which I didn't think it would be easy to find as there aren't many around that have been written off.

If I were to go the FD2R path I would have to sell both of my 2 cars to fund the FD2R conversion as I know it would cost in excess of 10k.

If I were to got the EM1 or DC2R path I'd be selling the Diahatsu and keeping my JZX100 for a weekend cruiser where as the EM1/DC2 would be my dedicated daily and hills car.

I need some input from members on here any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards Cristos.