Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEC_ACCORD View Post
    If that is the case. Then why are all high performance brake packages either drilled or slotted, or both? Clearly the engineers who design these parts are smarter than any of us..
    Depends if you're paying for the 'brand' and not the actual product?
    Curtis is an engineer and he'll tell you
    I'm sure the right brake pad and rotor would make a perfect combination
    I doubt you could push your cg that far & hard that you'd require big brakes - than again our accords are ****ing heavy boats 1300-1400
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Most of the time people with slotted/drilled/vented rotors
    Will have them for looks and as curtis said aesthetics and will rarely even use them

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I'm not going to say it's any better
    But my accord did not come with abs and in my opinion
    I like it without it
    Example
    90 degree right hand turn
    Light brake, turn in
    Car understeers, heads for gutter, slam on brake hard for 1/4 second, car snaps out of understeer and oversteer's
    If i had ABS i conclude i'd be wrapped around a pole

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Well if all goes to plan.. I'm hoping to have a reliable daily. But where i live we have alot of hill climp comps. And i've entered in a few in the bottom classes and it goes quite well.. Obviously not looking at being in the top classes. But to have something that can rev hard, corner like a go cart and stop on a dime would be advantageous. It goes quite well. And the VTEC works really well.. I don't know why more people work with these engines. Surprises alot of people off the line. And i can smash commodores and falcons down the highway all day, every day..

Also surprises the odd silvia and skyline before the boost has a chance to kick in..

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Don't get me wrong the accord handles well for a saloon
    Even with bent suspension - it handled well
    But it's nothing like a go kart
    Unfortunately the vtec for our sohc's are just fuel economical
    Wait til you throw a H in and see the engine open up

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Jasemas I'm dead srs here - I should have let you go for a ride i n the prelude, it's not that great and could barely have an fd civic due to gearing and and torque shapes. The prelude weighed about the same as a accord too
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Jasemas I'm dead srs here - I should have let you go for a ride i n the prelude, it's not that great and could barely have an fd civic due to gearing and and torque shapes. The prelude weighed about the same as a accord too
    My mate gave me a ride in his Si BB4
    OMG man my mate pushes it to the limit 60km around round abouts, 180km/h up at the back of the scarborough
    Was shitting myself thought i was gonna die
    I don't mind preludes - i think they're neat
    Should of kept yours man!

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    After watching a few vids on youtube
    Of cd5's with H22's in them
    I just want one man

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Well it's been confirmed.

There old CG will be getting a full T3 turbo setup running about 12psi.. Has anyone ran into any issues with Honda engines and turbo's?

Also is there any computers that work well with them?

And i'm thinking of just buying adjustable coils to go on my standard struts. any pro's or cons with those?
    Last edited by VTEC_ACCORD; 20-01-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    In regards to the computer, speak with a competent tuner and get the ECU that they suggest. It's kind of like feeding your fish dog food. it'll kinda work but you won't get the best results.

There are plenty of turbo hondas around on this forum, but you need to ask an engine specific question. pm kccord, he had a turbo F22 (iirc), but he hasn't been around here for a while.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

And what are the thoughts on just the coilover springs being mounted to factory struts?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEC_ACCORD View Post
    And what are the thoughts on just the coilover springs being mounted to factory struts?
    you can't do that, they're too short

unless you're real keen or something
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC