Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Difference between FD2 models?

Hey guys,
    I'm looking to buy a FD2 (8th gen civic sport).
    I was just wondering if there is any difference in models?
    I've heard that 2006 model does not have an aux port and has 16 inch wheels, whereas the 2007 and 2008 has an aux port and 17 inch wheels.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    2007 and upwards came with AUX ports as 2006 doesnt

for the wheels im unsure but if youre chnging wheels then it shouldnt matter.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by tonex View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking to buy a FD2 (8th gen civic sport).
    I was just wondering if there is any difference in models?
    I've heard that 2006 model does not have an aux port and has 16 inch wheels, whereas the 2007 and 2008 has an aux port and 17 inch wheels.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    You are correct, sir

Just to be accurate. Late 2006 models (2nd or 3rd batch) have AUX. I can confirm Dec 2006 FD2 has AUX because I have one hehe

Generally, they are almost the same. There are only 2 biggest differences. One is the 2009 and up FD2s are facelift model which has a different front bumper, the rest is the same. And other thing is the AUX thing and thats about it.

Wheels, just get steelies LEL, then get aftermarket wheels.
    Last edited by LetsDuDiss; 27-06-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks for the reply dudes!
    And a side question, is the head unit easy to replace?
    I'm really sick of using an fm transmitter for my music.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Thanks for the reply dudes!
    And a side question, is the head unit easy to replace?
    I'm really sick of using an fm transmitter for my music.
    Nah bro, its a pain in the ass. You will have to buy a double din face which is like $150.

There is an alternative unit (just a small box) that you can buy for about $70 that plugs to a jack behind the stock head unit. You can choose to buy a bluetooth or iphone compatibilty or whatever you want with that unit

Don't use FM transmitter. That's trash in your ears

For me, I just keep my head unit stock as a rock. Then I bought an iPhone cable that has both USB and AUX output and made a little DIY dock. Then I plug my USB to the cig lighter and AUX to AUX jack. And there I have my functional iPhone compatible headunit. Kinda LOL
    Last edited by LetsDuDiss; 27-06-2014 at 05:26 PM.

and 1 more thing but i think nobody take a notice :-)
    i dont know from what year they have it, but my car is 09 and my boot lid is opened by a remote control
    MONEY - no problem. The problem is NO MONEY

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by iou View Post
    and 1 more thing but i think nobody take a notice :-)
    i dont know from what year they have it, but my car is 09 and my boot lid is opened by a remote control
    Oh wow, that's cool. You can buy mods and install that though. Speaking of which, do you know how to make windows close automatically when I lock my car like the euros? LOL would love that

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Also facelift has black leather interior compared to that grey/brown
    I don't even know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDuDiss View Post
    Oh wow, that's cool. You can buy mods and install that though. Speaking of which, do you know how to make windows close automatically when I lock my car like the euros? LOL would love that
    cool man, how???
    MONEY - no problem. The problem is NO MONEY

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    09 and up has different bumper and tail light, with 17 wheels like the ep3, smoked headlight, remote boot

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDuDiss View Post
    Nah bro, its a pain in the ass. You will have to buy a double din face which is like $150.

There is an alternative unit (just a small box) that you can buy for about $70 that plugs to a jack behind the stock head unit. You can choose to buy a bluetooth or iphone compatibilty or whatever you want with that unit

Don't use FM transmitter. That's trash in your ears

For me, I just keep my head unit stock as a rock. Then I bought an iPhone cable that has both USB and AUX output and made a little DIY dock. Then I plug my USB to the cig lighter and AUX to AUX jack. And there I have my functional iPhone compatible headunit. Kinda LOL
    Do you know what that small box for $70 is called? I want to do some research

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by iou View Post
    cool man, how???
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Add-on-Bo...-/150729158176

DIY guide: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...e-for-civic-FD

Do you know what that small box for $70 is called? I want to do some research
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBV5KPsYPYA

This is the $70 one: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/parra...car/1030639744

It doesn't have bluetooth, unfortunately. But i know it is possible to get bluetooth connectivity with this sort of unit (I came across one with bluetooth as I was looking for a solution for in car entertainment back then). Look for CD3 connector iPhone/iPod audio car kit or something LOL
    Last edited by LetsDuDiss; 28-06-2014 at 03:41 AM.