Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Engine prices?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    lsvtec you'd have to drop all the vtec bottom end bits in, or better stuff so it doesn't get sad with the higher rpm, do all that work, try not to give easily stressed bits in the block, blah blah. In the end, depending on how crazy you go, it'd probably be the same price as a b18c swap anyway. But with an open diff box. Would have all the torque though. And be pretty cool.
    Why would even bother going ls vtec if your basically swaping a type R internals in there?

I thought the whole point was have a 1.8L True Vtec motor at the faction of the cost of type R motor?

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Why would even bother going ls vtec if your basically swaping a type R internals in there?

I thought the whole point was have a 1.8L True Vtec motor at the faction of the cost of type R motor?
    Iunno... Reading old honda tech threads about building reliable lsvtec engines. Something about the stock ls bottom ends not being able to cope with the high revs and what not the vtec engines normally do/ the head and shit does, which can cause unreliable builds in the not so long run.

Was curious, as I was looking into a b18 lsvtec swap. But, costs a lot less to get vtec (doesn't have to be type r, but eh) pistons and crank than a whole engine. Besides, everybody is swapping out the stock parts (probably bar crank) for forgies these days to run power.
    But yeah, from memory of the thread, you can have stock ls bottom end and vtec head, but it isn't likely to love life due to the extra stress of running in the higher rev range that the ecu and head would want.

Obviously, some info gets mixed up in my memory. find what's wrong/ what's actually not wrong, correct whatever. Bit of correction in the shitty memory bank helps bump things up

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Man, are you Dylan Baxter by any chance?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Man, are you Dylan Baxter by any chance?
    Me? Negs