s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(

DC2 VTiR to ITR sway bar upgrade?

Search hasn't proven to be my friend in this instance, to much conflicting info. I have ITR springs & shocks fitted to my car and simply want to fit ITR front & rear sway bars (preferrably the rear being JDM 23mm item, not sure about front size).

After an email to K-Mac they have offered me a 27mm front bar and 18mm rear (up from 14mm), and when I questioned the possibility of the rear sub-frame tearing out they reckon this only happens from 20mm upwards.

I need a solution from someone who "knows" what they're talking about and hopefully someone to supply the necessary parts.

Thanks in advance, Tyson

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    jtus get a replacement kit from whiteline. proven time and time again. most replacement kits come WITH everything you need. so it would include ur new thicker bar (18, or 20-22mm) + subframe heavy duty mounts and bolts + polyurethrane bushes + d link brackets etc.

you can get the jdm itr bar, and if so, hit up eg5 on the forums for the bar, AND you will need a re-enforced mounting kit which they can source and provide.

you MAY want to try adjusting your front and rear tyre pressures to fine *tune* any subtle changes.
    when do we hit vtec?

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    I've heard the Whiteline kit has been known to break on occasions. Is the Beaks or ASR a better option?

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2
    I've heard the Whiteline kit has been known to break on occasions. Is the Beaks or ASR a better option?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38433
    Last edited by z3lda; 02-03-2006 at 09:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2
    The whiteline kit of ok for dc.. it should do the job. they just dont work for EK's..

on DC they seem to hold up fine as the dc's only have a plucking issue.. I have yet to hear or see and eg/dc tear like the ek... ,unless someone could fess up to side tears for the DC then the whiteline kit will do..

BTW stay away from kmac as they havent done no R&D on hondas.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01