First of all this isn't meant to be a slag OzHonda off thread so please if you decide that the only reply that you can come up with is this kind please refrain from posting.

We want to keep this positive people.

In This thread it kind of went from being a lets discuss small car sunday..... to why doesn't OzHonda enter these kind of events to well read the thread and see.

Anyhoo

The idea i was thinking was lets pool our ideas together and think of ways that we can promote OzHonda and help people that don't know about us learn something about the Adelaide Honda community.

Ways that have been discussed so far have been the usual car cruises and meet ups. That well lets face it either don't happen or people just cant make it, to people wanting to go but the thought of meeting up with strangers can be a little daunting.

One idea that was bantered about was that possibly we could start entering the local car shows and events as a group under the one banner.

Prelude Australia do it. Along with many others.

This would require a person to take charge of organizing these type of events. making sure that everyone has got their entry fees etc paid up in full before the event and everyone that is entering has passes etc.

Wyn or Ben this section goes to yourselves.
Have we as a community tried to do something like this in the past that you know of?
If so how did it work and do you believe that if we pooled our resources we could do something like this again?

There was talk about things like banners etc for shows such as Autosalon so people knew that we were from the same group.
This isn't too hard to arrange and would be minimal outlay esp if people on the forums all pull together. I'm sure that there are people out there that know someone thats a sign writer etc. It would just be a matter of storage and thats easy enough to arrange. Hell i have a shed that we could use for that if need be.

Other ideas that have been thrown out there are things like regular cruises.
Having an events coordinator that sets up the time and place once every month or every 2 months. We could even alternate monthly get togethers and cruises so that one month we can have a small BBQ or something and then the following month we can go for a cruise etc.

Forgive me if im rambling but its 2:44am.

Id like to hear others ideas for how this could work and if they have been involved in car clubs etc in the past what kind of hassles they have faced??

If the powers that be decide that this is all too much hassle at least we have put the idea out there.

But IF it takes off as an idea who's to say that it couldn't work for other states?

Come on guys (and girls) lets unite under the one banner and show these guys with their RWD smog machines that Hondas are still a recognized part of the local car scene even if they are FWD's.

Thoughts??