Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah i would like to know the restrictions when it comes to height of the overflow. I am not getting an aftermarket one. sticking with the stock one. But yeah in the front bar it will be lower than it usually is? I have had people tell me that it is fine if it is lower but yeah, no known answer yet?

About length, i don't think it would matter too much, well this guy wasn't worried about it:

This guy has moved it either way down or into the front bar:

This guy has alos moved it into the front bar, well either that or it is way down there somewhere, also one of the best engine bays i have eva seen
    Last edited by DNYALL; 08-05-2007 at 06:05 PM.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

i always thought the overflow should b higher.. ?

so u can actually fill from that as well instead of filling from the rad cap.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    You guys obviously don't own a Jazz. If you look at a stock Jazz you will see the overflow tank is much LOWER than the radiator return hose. Like 15 cm lower. So if it's good enough for a stock Honda installed one it's a GOOOOO for you to do the same. It works on VACUUM and can "lift" coolant quite a distance.
    Thats what i thought aswell, its just vacuum. Like when you're cleaning your fish tank.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    Thats what i thought aswell, its just vacuum. Like when you're cleaning your fish tank.
    True true. Just clearing up any mis info - the overflow bottle can be any height or location as long as its got a sealed pickup for the radiator

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    interesting. looks like its time to tuck that ugly radiator bottle into the front bumper

do it ! and post some pix

Nice, looks like a nice little project tomorrow then
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    88 accords are way down the bottom u can even see how much water is in it its that far down