Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Name me a few good honda engine builders in Oz.

I rate these guys only:
    TODA AUST & CROYDON BOTH FOR ENGINE BUILDING AND TUNING.

The rest have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    you'll need about 600-800hp in a fairly light car to be into 10's.

You mention sleeved to 94mm (ERL or Benson spec) for a b18c block? wtf 94mm sleeves?

There's a few good honda engine builders/tuners in Australia. No need to do eveyrthing in US.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    I know people in Adelaide and Sydney I would use as machinists but not in Melbourne. Ask Andy (AK Motorworks) who he uses. Or better still, get him to build it.

If it was me I would be using Darton mid sleeves or the Darton aluminium block and doing it all here in Oz.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    Anyway i hope i havnt confused people with Jame (BLKCRX) and James' Race Engines! Just wanting to know if anyone has used them to sleeve honda blocks in particular for b series motors and for boost. There located in Flemington (were in Nth Melb and some other place)

see link: (top block is sr20, lower is the b18c)
    http://www.engineaction.com/photos.htm

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfsport View Post
    Name me a few good honda engine builders in Oz.

I rate these guys only:
    TODA AUST & CROYDON BOTH FOR ENGINE BUILDING AND TUNING.

The rest have no idea.
    You make it sound like a Honda engine is some great mysterious engine that noone has ever worked on. There are lots more people with a good understanding of what makes a Honda engine tick.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    Anyway i hope i havnt confused people with Jame (BLKCRX) and James' Race Engines! Just wanting to know if anyone has used them to sleeve honda blocks in particular for b series motors and for boost. There located in Flemington (were in Nth Melb and some other place)

see link: (top block is sr20, lower is the b18c)
    http://www.engineaction.com/photos.htm
    It would appear they know what they are doing with the machining from the pics. They use Darton mid sleeves it looks ike and machine the bores with decent looking torque plates.

As for their engine building the results they have on there for the Honda engines they have built don't seem particularly spectacular. Like the B18C with "very high compression and sleeved block" naking 130kw at the wheels. Thats good, but if it is running "very high compression" to warrant the cost of sleeves then I would expect it to be making more.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yes i see that too grumpy with the 130 kw that was done in the early days tho!

anyway with the sleeves i would inparticlular like to know how a certain company goes about installing them (even from an engeneering point of view as i had studied engineering but gave it up for accounting doh!)

If anyone can do a sleeve job like bensons or ERL over here id be keen to know. Bensons i see has a very nice way of installing and even both companies they way the season there blocks (which i cannot see companies here doing.)

I think in saying that i may go to ERL or Bensons - they have a big demand, do this day in day out and what would be more satisfying is they produce pure race engines for proper race clases (worked on nascar, irl, honda challenges etc..)

Also just a note, i would prefer pushy recommendations to be kept on the "down low" as i dont want this turing into a "im better than you thread". Everyone starts somewhere, to some its all about the money, some its pride, some its the enjoyment of working on a honda etc so peace! ATM my options are open and im keeping my eyes out there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Its your money and you have to be happy with what you spend it on. If you want to send it to the US then do so.

Just remember to budget for the shipping costs, the cost of import duty, and GST since the $ value will be well over $1000.

Whoever you choose I'd still recommend going with Dartom mid sleeves. They have an impeccable record.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    do rocket ind (VPW here in VIC) sell them blocks in stock height 84.5mm here in aus, as ive got some contacts here in VIC so that is definately an option to? (also are they street registerable)
    thanks grumpy

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Yes, they do. If you know someone who buys a bit of stuff from Rocket then get them to give Rocket a call and get a price. Alternatively I could get you a price if you want. It won't be the sort of thing that they would have in stock so you'd have to wait for them to get it in.

As for being registerable, I have no idea. My guess is they won't be stamped appropriately for the RTA/Vic Roads whatever so if you did want to register it you'd have to go through the trouble of getting it stamped etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yeh purchasing from VPM wont be a problem, my gf uncle who im close with purchases from them heaps as here into the v8's big time and gets discounts so ill give him a call or pop around so next time hes up to get a price. thanks again.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    B20 block, with Golden Eagle Sleeves $3500. Pm if your keen.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    You can get Darton mid sleeves for a bit over $1000. Getting them fitted isn't going to cost another coupla thousand. I know which way I'd go.