Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question Radio Harness Pin Outs?

Hi All,

After searching these forums and a fair amount of googling, i'm still unsure about some of the pin-outs on the Euro radio harness.

I'm in the process of installing some gear (see http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81596 and http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81596) and have bought male and female wire harnesses so I can hook up my gear without cutting into the factory harness. The idea is to solder the two together and plug it inline with the factory harness.

Some photos:

As you can see from the second photo, 6 pins are missing from this harness for some reason, and i'm wondering what they might be for?

I refer you to one4spl's photo of his Euro's harness:

I see that the Euro is using 3 out of those 6 missing pins. Does anyone know what they are for?

So far, I beleive the pinouts are:
    1: Ground
    2: Dimmer
    3: LF -ive
    4: RF -ive
    5: LR -ive
    6: RR -ive
    7: ?
    8: ?
    9: ?
    10: ? (Used by the Euro)
    11: +12V
    12: Illum./Dash Lights
    13: LF +ive
    14: RF +ive
    15: LR +ive
    16: RR +ive
    17: ? (Used by the Euro)
    18: ? (Used by the Euro)
    19: Ign/Switched +12V
    20: Ant. Power

I need a connection to the steering wheel control wire, i'm guessing one of those ? wires is it...?

Cheers,
    Steve

PS. I'm not sure if this thread is best suited here or in the Audio/Video section?

Thanks to Euro1011, here are the complete pinouts (I had the numbering in reverse order):

1: Window Antenna Coil Amp.
    2: Ign/Switched +12V
    3: Steering Wheel Controls +ive.
    4: Multiplex Integrated Control Unit
    5: RR +ive
    6: LR +ive
    7: RF +ive
    8: LF +ive
    9: Illum./Dash Lights
    10: +12V
    11: Steering Wheel Controls Ground
    12: Nav. Unit
    13: Nav. Unit
    14: Nav. Unit
    15: RR -ive
    16: LR -ive
    17: RF -ive
    18: LF -ive
    19: Dimmer
    20: Ground

Hey EuroSteve, was wondering where you got your harness from? Is this an Aerpro harness? Whats the cost?

I want to do something similar. I just want to add a headunit, but use the factory speakers and dont want to cut the factory cable either.

[Factory Cable]
    |
    |___[To factory headunit]
    |
    \__[To new headunit]

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroSteve View Post
    Thanks to Euro1011, here are the complete pinouts (I had the numbering in reverse order):

Thats awesome, does that mean that we can do a convertion from non-satnav to satnav? or is there more connections involved

Quote Originally Posted by .QD View Post
    Hey EuroSteve, was wondering where you got your harness from? Is this an Aerpro harness? Whats the cost?

I want to do something similar. I just want to add a headunit, but use the factory speakers and dont want to cut the factory cable either.

[Factory Cable]
    |
    |___[To factory headunit]
    |
    \__[To new headunit]
    Sorry for the late reply.

I bought the male and female harnesses from eBay and soldered up the complete harness myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....B:EOIBSA:AU:31

S.

Quote Originally Posted by viper8548 View Post
    Thats awesome, does that mean that we can do a convertion from non-satnav to satnav? or is there more connections involved
    I honestly couldn't tell you. At the very least, I think you'd have to connect a GPS antenna.

S.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by viper8548 View Post
    It can be done. Someone in the US did that with their TSX, converting it from non-sat nav to sat nav.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Sorry for the late reply.

I bought the male and female harnesses from eBay and soldered up the complete harness myself.

S.
    Hi EuroSteve,

Thanks for the links, was just wondering if you had to add extra pin/cable into the harness to make up for the missing pin/connector/cable to retain stock connectivity to the stock head unit?

If Im reading the pins right and the picture of the connector. Looks like the connector will not connect back the sterring wheel controls or part of it?

Just need to make sure so I can buy double of everything and remove some pins/cable from the connector to the harness that has missing pins/connector/cable so all funtionality of the factory HU is retained.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by .QD View Post
    Hi EuroSteve,

Thanks for the links, was just wondering if you had to add extra pin/cable into the harness to make up for the missing pin/connector/cable to retain stock connectivity to the stock head unit?

If Im reading the pins right and the picture of the connector. Looks like the connector will not connect back the sterring wheel controls or part of it?

Just need to make sure so I can buy double of everything and remove some pins/cable from the connector to the harness that has missing pins/connector/cable so all funtionality of the factory HU is retained.

Thanks.
    Ahh yes, I forgot about that. For some reason, the harnesses I bought off eBay don't come fully populated with pins. Because I had no need for the speaker out from the HU, I used those pins to populate the missing ones that I needed.

Yeah, if you need to populate the whole connector, buying two, and using the pins from the 2nd one would be the best option.

You'll need a small "jewelers type" flat blade screw driver to remove the pins from the connector.

HTH

S.

Awesome. Thanks for the info Steve. Yeah for me I'm satisfied with the stock speakers (I'm sure aftermarket would be better quality, obviously), cbf installing an amp and so on. So HU upgrade/addition and maybe headrest screens will be fine for me.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by .QD; 02-05-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro

Just wondering do you need to use all the connections? besides the nav unit if you have it that is.
    and whats the best tool to use to crimp the wires into the harness and installing the pins?

Thanks all.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Tiny flathead should do the job to remove the pin/cable and you can reinstall it on the sockets that have a missing cable.