Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Quote Originally Posted by bodaas View Post
    why do you think i am upset?

i dont think i will listen and change my fn to dc5R or ep3R, older model
    , no way man, time is moving on
    i need something new, so fn2r is only new type r available in australia
    and there is price different anyway btween fn, dc5 and ep3
    if you not happy, you should complain to honda australia why they didnt bring fd2R instead, so you would get one
    sorry
    If you are not upset i am gald.. FN2R is a nice car too i mus say.. May not be lightning quick but still does the job..

Also, you should not change ur FN2 for sure because its current.. Power is not everything.. have a new and updated car is also something impt..Jus do suspension upgrades, power upgrades, possibly supercharge.. and no one would say FN2R is not a real type R anymore...

gd luck..
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    I dont want my creature comforts. People put down the FN2R for a reason - because compared to DC2's, and even DC5's - they are alot less rough and raw.

Plus, it is almost an insult to true honda fanboys to put a rear torsion bar on a car that from its origins, is supposed to be track inspired.

From the civic forum..

I understand your opinion-but Honda believes(rightly or wrongly) that you are in the miniority.Even the DC2R was suppose to come without a radio, power windows and mirrors to save weight.But for the Australian market, those items were included along with the option of AC.
    Probably cars like the VW Golf GTI had Honda and other car manufacturers looking to what the market wants-stripped out hardcore track cars seem to have taken a back seat for the softer ones-the more all-rounder types e.g Golf Gti even the Focus XR5.
    Maybe Honda could have a Type RT version more suited to the hardcore fan.Ford has done this with the RS versions of it's Focus.Subaru also had special Spec versions in Japan of it's STI.
    I personally would like to see a hardcore version of the Civic Type R complete with independant rear suspension-I think that the only opportunity people will have to buy such a car is to wait until the FD2R is eligible to be imported under SEVS.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nissan Micra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthonda View Post
    I understand your opinion-but Honda believes(rightly or wrongly) that you are in the miniority.Even the DC2R was suppose to come without a radio, power windows and mirrors to save weight.But for the Australian market, those items were included along with the option of AC.
    Probably cars like the VW Golf GTI had Honda and other car manufacturers looking to what the market wants-stripped out hardcore track cars seem to have taken a back seat for the softer ones-the more all-rounder types e.g Golf Gti even the Focus XR5.
    Maybe Honda could have a Type RT version more suited to the hardcore fan.Ford has done this with the RS versions of it's Focus.Subaru also had special Spec versions in Japan of it's STI.
    I personally would like to see a hardcore version of the Civic Type R complete with independant rear suspension-I think that the only opportunity people will have to buy such a car is to wait until the FD2R is eligible to be imported under SEVS.
    Im sure Honda has spent plenty of money researching and has, indeed found out that we are the minority. That isnt the point though.

What im saying is, they have differed from the path of creating track cars, and have instead (in Australia at least) created watered down nonsense compared to earlier models.
    NHB DC2R

TYP 20R

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    DC5R if I had to choose.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Sorry guys, I have to say this, all you guys carry on about "Hardcore" blah blah blah. I really do "understand" what you are saying but!

Honda sell cars to make a profit. In order to make a profit, the will sell something that is appealing to the majority.

To do this there is alot of factors, heres a few....reduce production costs, be competative against other cars in their category, have creature comforts etc...

Now, if the FN2R came stripped out as per "Traditional type r" Honda would sell jack s*it. Lose alot of money and Honda fans would bitch about how they dont even get a watered out type r.

To the people who insists on a hardcore type r, you are probably dreamers who cant afford it anyway. Otherwise, you can buy a FD or FN for that matter, strip it and wholla, a track car!

I absolutely agree that "Type R" should be left for the track orientated Hondas. But time has changed and Honda has changed with it!

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I cant stand the FN2R bashing anymore and good luck to the FN buyers, cause I really think it is a very nice all round car!

End rant!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    I absolutely agree that "Type R" should be left for the track orientated Hondas. But time has changed and Honda has changed with it!

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I cant stand the FN2R bashing anymore and good luck to the FN buyers, cause I really think it is a very nice all round car!

End rant!
    I'd agree if Honda stopped making track orientated Hondas, but that is not true. The FD2R exists, just that Honda Australia hasn't done a feasibility (I am guessing not planning to either) on bringing it in to Australia.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...

To the people who insists on a hardcore type r, you are probably dreamers who cant afford it anyway. Otherwise, you can buy a FD or FN for that matter, strip it and wholla, a track car!

LOL.. as if Honda FN2R is like $1million dollars.. almost every hardcore type R who want to afford the FN2R can afford it.. $40000 driveaway brand new!! get a demo for say $35k? lol.. those hardcore type R ppl spend $35k easily on a real honda..For example being a DC2R($20k).. Do suspension,engine,bling stuff,body,wheels etc for that jdm hardcore look($15k)

So shut the part on ppl being able to afford it or not...It jus that you are softcore..
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1-R View Post
    LOL.. as if Honda FN2R is like $1million dollars.. almost every hardcore type R who want to afford the FN2R can afford it.. $40000 driveaway brand new!! get a demo for say $35k? lol.. those hardcore type R ppl spend $35k easily on a real honda..For example being a DC2R($20k).. Do suspension,engine,bling stuff,body,wheels etc for that jdm hardcore look($15k)

So shut the part on ppl being able to afford it or not...It jus that you are softcore..
    Arent we getting a little nit picky about the argument! My post if it did not come across like this was...if you want a track car......BUILD ONE.!

Stop bitching about one that we cant get and putting people who buy a FN2R down.

It is so hard to believe that there are alot of dreamers on OH.????

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Arent we getting a little nit picky about the argument! My post if it did not come across like this was...if you want a track car......BUILD ONE.!

Stop bitching about one that we cant get and putting people who buy a FN2R down.

It is so hard to believe that there are alot of dreamers on OH.????
    If thats the point you are trying to get across about each to their own needs and hardcore ppl can build their own cars.. den fine...

Btw, we are not bitching about the FN2... we are just toking bout its pros and cons compared to the ITR.. and ITR came out the obvious winner..

Why go around calling ppl dreamers for that? Every1 has the rights to give opinions in this forum...
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    We'll leave it at that and stick to the topic.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Type R

saratogabypass

Quote Originally Posted by tectalk View Post
    DC5R (not DC2R) VS the new Civic Type r (FN2R)

What are your thoughts and what is a better car overall?
    As my next car might be a Civic type r so help me out cheers.
    i own a 2007 civic type R since new but, they do have problems with them such as the speedo is out by as much as 8%. the rear tail gate holds water and if you tint the windows the radio reception is poor to say the least.
    since october 2007 i have had it back to them at least 15 times.
    not a happy owner, honda australia have issued me with a letter saying they have fixed my problem to australian standards and to go away basically.
    am now looking a outher makes unfortunatly.