Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Just filled up again. Got 10.1L/100km granny driving in suburban. It's running slightly less 'cold', as in it's moving off to about 1/4 to 1/3 of the gauge after 10-15 minutes. Could it just be that the dealer didn't drive the car for a while or something, and that it needed to do a few runs before it ran properly again? And could you guys tell me if starting the engine to move the car in/out of the driveway uses a lot of petrol? My parents move my car like 10 times a day... not sure if that contributes to the poor economy.
    You seem to complain alot about your car. Maybe try not driving for a while, start walking places. Perhaps getting some fresh air will help clear your head, and you'll use less fuel in your car.

Oh, and go to a different mechanic.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    ....start walking places. Perhaps getting some fresh air will help clear your head
    LMAO! i like that advice
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    thermostat is easy as pie to change, and nothing bad can happen from changing it. plus it's not even that expensive, Tridon make aftermarket ones you can pick them up from supercheap.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Hey,

my b18 gsi has that same problem, even though i've filled it with coolant it still spends most its time on the cold side :S

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    change thermostat
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    honda
    def change thermostat, tridon part tt328-170, cost about $38 and made a noticable improvement to the way car drives. Only takes bout 30mins, easy job

Done, fuel economy has not changed but car is warming up fine. Old thermostat was clearly stuck open when inspected. Was not cheap by any means...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Done, fuel economy has not changed but car is warming up fine. Old thermostat was clearly stuck open when inspected. Was not cheap by any means...
    How much did it cost?? Thermostat costs about 40 bucks and labour is no more than 1 hour all up (incl. warming car up and waiting for radiator fan to come on twice).
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

For just the equipment, it was $110 with a discount, normally itd be 135ish (thermo is 80 coolant is 55). It took like 2 hours to do the job and radiator fan never came on after like 45 minutes so we just left it. Had to keep topping up the coolant reservoir tank for a few days. My car didnt have a bleed bolt

sigh....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    do not rev it up to vtec when it's running cold, chantelle. it isn't good for your engine. infact I didn't think vtec engaged if it wasn't at running temp.

in terms of warming up time i've noticed integras take a while to warm up compared to other normal cars but it shouldn't be cooling while driving, it should take about 5-10 minutes to reach running temp at idle (in medium weather) and should stay there.

thermostat most likely needs changing as it has been stated, change the gasket for another OEM one too.

good luck
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    do not rev it up to vtec when it's running cold, chantelle. it isn't good for your engine. infact I didn't think vtec engaged if it wasn't at running temp.

in terms of warming up time i've noticed integras take a while to warm up compared to other normal cars but it shouldn't be cooling while driving, it should take about 5-10 minutes to reach running temp at idle (in medium weather) and should stay there.

thermostat most likely needs changing as it has been stated, change the gasket for another OEM one too.

good luck
    Wow, all this time i thought it was normal....have had the car about 6 years lol and its always done that...does take around 10 mins or so to reach running temp...does drop at night though, specially in the cold! thanks