Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    That's awesome, is it mostly highway driving & how do you keep records, do you write down every time you buy fuel?
    Yes, I have a spreadsheet that i fill in every time i buy fuel

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    That's awesome, is it mostly highway driving & how do you keep records, do you write down every time you buy fuel?
    sorry I didn't answer your full question, primarily secondary rural roads, with some light town use

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Not everyone will agree with my thoughts on fuel consumption, but they are as follows. Most people see the advertised fuel consumption figures and seem to think that they should be able to achieve something similar, but this will never be the case in every day driving. WHY, because we all have different driving styles and habits, and use our right foot in a different manner. Sure my fuel consumption figures are excellent, but my daily driving conditions are such that if I drive with economy in mind I am able to achieve the results i do. ! thing i did early on when researching the FD civic was to look at overseas web sites and i noticed that Honda UK advertise fuel use for both city and highway driving. Their advertised figures for the 1.8 Ltr Civic are 8.2 / 8.4 city and 5.1 / 5.4 Highway. I therefore believe that those of you getting around 9 to 9.5 l/100 in the city are therefore getting reasonable economy. As for their advertised highway figures, i have never been able to match that, although i have been close on 1 occasion when i got 5.8l/100km.
    Those of you who really want good economy need to learn how to drive economically, and there is a lot more to doing that than many people think. But it can be done as I have discovered.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Not everyone will agree with my thoughts on fuel consumption, but they are as follows. Most people see the advertised fuel consumption figures and seem to think that they should be able to achieve something similar, but this will never be the case in every day driving. WHY, because we all have different driving styles and habits, and use our right foot in a different manner. Sure my fuel consumption figures are excellent, but my daily driving conditions are such that if I drive with economy in mind I am able to achieve the results i do. ! thing i did early on when researching the FD civic was to look at overseas web sites and i noticed that Honda UK advertise fuel use for both city and highway driving. Their advertised figures for the 1.8 Ltr Civic are 8.2 / 8.4 city and 5.1 / 5.4 Highway. I therefore believe that those of you getting around 9 to 9.5 l/100 in the city are therefore getting reasonable economy. As for their advertised highway figures, i have never been able to match that, although i have been close on 1 occasion when i got 5.8l/100km.
    Those of you who really want good economy need to learn how to drive economically, and there is a lot more to doing that than many people think. But it can be done as I have discovered.

just fillup diesel, the price went up again $1.82/litre

i read news bfore, truck driver couldnt cope with diesel price rise these days,
    one fillup cost them $800 dollar full tank. thats really pain in the ass
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

what buddah said was right..
    i mean.. i got the most milage outta the car by putting it on neutral when going downhill etc etc, makes a whole lotta difference and also it's the way one drives

drive hard! or cruise like a grandma..

i doubt anyone here drives like a granny... else whats the point of the vtec!?!?!
    2008 Honda Civic Type R [FN2] K20Z4 DOHC i-VTEC @ 5,600 RPM
    *Power: 198 bhp (201 PS, 148 kW) @ 7800 rpm*Torque: 142 ft·lbf (193 N·m) @ 5600 rpm*Redline: 8200 rpm*

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadust77 View Post
    i doubt anyone here drives like a granny... else whats the point of the vtec!?!?!
    if i drive like reving to 5.5k each time or like "show off my vtec power"
    everyday to work, 100km each day
    imagine how much fuel i have to waste, is like i work for fuel
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by edmbranch View Post
    what buddah said was right..
    i mean.. i got the most milage outta the car by putting it on neutral when going downhill etc etc, makes a whole lotta difference and also it's the way one drives

drive hard! or cruise like a grandma..
    in neutral going down a hill.....in an auto......easy way to kill a gearbox - lmfao

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by bodaas View Post
    if i drive like reving to 5.5k each time or like "show off my vtec power"
    everyday to work, 100km each day
    imagine how much fuel i have to waste, is like i work for fuel
    It seems you clearly have no understanding of how Vtec operates on the 1.8 ltr FD1

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    It seems you clearly have no understanding of how Vtec operates on the 1.8 ltr FD1

as far as i understand vtec start operate from certain rpm, i m not sure your FD1
    but looks like all vtec engine the same,

fn2R start at 5k rpm up, thats when vtec operate and you can feel kick in power,. Below that its like drive normal car
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by bodaas View Post
    as far as i understand vtec start operate from certain rpm, i m not sure your FD1
    but looks like all vtec engine the same,

fn2R start at 5k rpm up, thats when vtec operate and you can feel kick in power,. Below that its like drive normal car
    The FN2R and the FD2 have a different system. On the FD1 Vtec is on under 3500rpm under light load conditions which are determined by the computer. If certain conditions are not met to the satisfaction of the computer Vtec does not operate