Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    lol my bracket is still sitting there... freakin bolt cross threaded or something... ive been meaning to remove it for weight reduction reasons

haha the culprate:
    LOL. My bro in law got that one off yesterday after some friggin around! Its a biatch alright.

Only issue with my RBC was extending the MAP sensor lead (easy), realizing I didnt need to tap a nipple for the vacuum line ( very easy!), screwing around with the comptech ( with OEM) rubber intake fitting with the different run to the RBC ( hard but got it 95% ok) and getting a longer hose for one fitting( easy).

I also installed the Hondata heatshield gasket and routed the throttle body heat bypass back into into the cooling system (incredibly easy, you dont need any joiners or anything for the TB bypass, 1 minute job). This has GREATLY cooled off the TB and RBC IM.

Both this cooler manifold intake air and RBC design has really opened my engine and power delivery. It sounds friggin fantastic at 4000-7600rpm. It also pulls like a muther by about 5500rpm.

I can feel the extrapower and the throttle response is instant. The RBC plus the breathing mods and Jtune flash have made my car come alive. It really obvious. i was hoping Jtune+rBC would work together and they certainly seem to compliment each other. The earlier Vtec+RBC meand the torque and power keeps coming in a smooth creamy power delivery.

I dont think I lost any torque at this stage. I certainly can't feel it. I can feel the extra surge and eagerness in the higher rev band. Its great. It revs HARD!

Ill confirm this with a dyno within a week or so. The RBC is also lighter than the RBB system so WiNA for tiny weight reduction.

Now lets get back on topic.

Whats the status on this build? Are we ready for dyno yet ? Any info?
    Last edited by Suntzu; 12-10-2008 at 10:08 PM.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    LOL. My bro in law got that one off yesterday after some friggin around! Its a biatch alright.

Only issue with my RBC was extending the MAP sensor lead (easy), realizing I didnt need to tap a nipple for the vacuum line ( very easy!), screwing around with the comptech ( with OEM) rubber intake fitting with the different run to the RBC ( hard but got it 95% ok) and getting a longer hose for one fitting( easy).

I also installed the Hondata heatshield gasket and routed the throttle body heat bypass back into into the cooling system (incredibly easy, you dont need any joiners or anything for the TB bypass, 1 minute job). This has GREATLY cooled off the TB and RBC IM.

Both this cooler manifold intake air and RBC design has really opened my engine and power delivery. It sounds friggin fantastic at 4000-7600rpm. It also pulls like a muther by about 5500rpm.

I can feel the extrapower and the throttle response is instant. The RBC plus the breathing mods and Jtune flash have made my car come alive. It really obvious. i was hoping Jtune+rBC would work together and they certainly seem to compliment each other. The earlier Vtec+RBC meand the torque and power keeps coming in a smooth creamy power delivery.

I dont think I lost any torque at this stage. I certainly can't feel it. I can feel the extra surge and eagerness in the higher rev band. Its great. It revs HARD!

Ill confirm this with a dyno within a week or so. The RBC is also lighter than the RBB system so WiNA for tiny weight reduction.

Now lets get back on topic.

Whats the status on this build? Are we ready for dyno yet ? Any info?
    nice work suntzu lucky you have reflash cause i can't do anything until i am done with performance mods so i can use my greddy emanage.

btw note to all; the weight difference between the two manifolds,
    RBC - 4.2kg

RBB - 6.2kg.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    UPDATE:

used meguars quickclay on my bonnet this afternoon... and damn it looks sexy! cant wait till i can do the whole car! heres just a quick snap shot...

And also my Accord door sills arrived! (damn fast i might add! A+ to Heeltoe Automotive!)

Heres a quick pic, sorry about the quality, its dark in my garage and i cant drive the car out yet lol

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    nice justin.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    mate post more pics, would love to see how the headlights look on the car =)
    ....thats if ur car is complete of cos lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    mate post more pics, would love to see how the headlights look on the car =)
    ....thats if ur car is complete of cos lol
    lol nah still in pieces lol

ill try get some headlight pics this weekend or something... its difficult doing things because shes in the garage and i cant move her out (steep driveway out of garage)

Russ - excellent review im glad you like it! hehehe i told you you wouldnt regret it
    Last edited by EUR003act; 13-10-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    lol nah still in pieces lol

ill try get some headlight pics this weekend or something... its difficult doing things because shes in the garage and i cant move her out (steep driveway out of garage)

Russ - excellent review im glad you like it! hehehe i told you you wouldnt regret it
    hey justin, do you mind taking a photo of your new intake piping engine bay area?
    i need to custom mine properly so it's positioned better.
    please send it via PM.

Many thanks,
    Darren
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    hey justin, do you mind taking a photo of your new intake piping engine bay area?
    i need to custom mine properly so it's positioned better.
    please send it via PM.

Many thanks,
    Darren
    or i could sell you one... i have the piping for two more custom ones sitting in my lounge room

hehe but yes... ill post pics this weekend aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    or i could sell you one... i have the piping for two more custom ones sitting in my lounge room

hehe but yes... ill post pics this weekend aswell
    how much are you selling it? PM me.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    RBC sounds sweet!!

Will wait for Suntzu's dyno to see the actual gains. But it does sound like it makes a difference...or it could be pychological thing

If its good, i'll get it ordered as soon as possible!! Too bad i cant install so will probably rely on some workshop while they fit the pulleys to the car as well.
    Any recommendations in Sydney? Top one? ismotorracing?

Cheers Justin. Take the pics when ur all done...no hurry =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    UPDATE:

better pic of "Accord" door sills:

RBC's (yes plural):

Port matching to 66mm P2R TB spacer for my J32A3 TB:

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    UPDATE:
    RBC's (yes plural):
    Sell me one of your spares which match to the stock TB once you sort out your J32A TB
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2